It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F22 radar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
hi,

what's the effective range of the F-22's radar?

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
not sure but i think its near 200miles i searched the web and could not find the range of it.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
hi,

what's the effective range of the F-22's radar?

www.vectorsite.net...

With the AN/APG-77, the F/A-22 will be able to detect an enemy aircraft's radar from distances of up to 460 kilometers (250 nautical miles). It will be able to acquire an enemy aircraft with radar at distances of up to 220 kilometers (125 nautical miles), while its "low probability of intercept" radar signal will be very difficult to detect and the "stealthy" F/A-22 will remain invisible to the enemy's radar. Once AIM-120 Extended Range Air To Air Missiles (ERAAM) are available, the F/A-22 will be able to destroy that enemy at a range of 185 kilometers (100 nautical miles). In many cases, the enemy will be hit without warning.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
wow even farther than I thought the F-14 has the same radar i think it has the same ranges as the raptor but im not sure i think the F-14 has a type of thermal radar that allows it to see an enemy at 300+ miles.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
wow even farther than I thought the F-14 has the same radar i think it has the same ranges as the raptor but im not sure i think the F-14 has a type of thermal radar that allows it to see an enemy at 300+ miles.

It was just experimental aircraft with advanced IR sensors. Simillar sensors are used on ABL. They should detect balistic misiles at 800 km!!

new topics

top topics

join