It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I tried to buy chewing gum at school the other day...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd
Truth is, sugar is much more damaging that aspartame (given the current data).

Uhhhhh...

What kind of sugar are you talking about here?

Are you talking about white sugar?

Or are you talking about something like SuCaNat, which is a whole, brown sugar which still includes all of the original minerals and other compounds?

There is a difference.

In any case, you appear to be woefully uninformed about aspartame--given the current data.

Michael

edit on 14-10-2010 by Michael Cecil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Michael Cecil

There's a small difference (1).

I was referring to table sugar, which is sucrose, but the statement applies to fructose and sugars that spike blood glucose.

Please provide for me the confirmed deleterious effects caused by aspartame. And by confirmed I mean supported by observational and clinical data, not anecdotal BS.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The very first search on google with a search of "natural gum".

Glee Gum

Glee Gum is made with all natural ingredients including: pure cane sugar, rice syrup, natural flavorings and colorings. Our gum base has super chewy natural chicle harvested from Sapodilla trees in the rain forests of Central America. Glee Gum is: Vegetarian, Additive Free, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Wheat Free, Gluten Free, Casein Free, Egg Free, Yeast Free, Nut Free, and Peanut Free. * All Glee Gum is soy free. Please note, however, that other products containing soy lecithin are processed in the same facility as Glee Gum. Glee Gum has: all natural ingredients, rice syrup instead of corn syrup, natural chicle, delicious, long-lasting, and popular flavors: tangerine, peppermint, cinnamon, spearmint, bubblegum and triple berry. Glee Gum does NOT have: artificial preservatives, artificial flavors, artificial colors, artificial sweeteners (e.g. aspartame, saccharin or cyclamate).

Store Locations by Zip Code

If you must, have your parents order you some. I haven't a clue if you're still in grade school or in college, so that's why I say this. There is 5 stores within biking distance from my location. Get some exercise, and ride back smacking up some natural gum.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Isn't that obvious?

I mean come on, they say their chewing-gums are sugar free but it's still sweet so what kind of stuff do you think they put instead? Aspartame.

I really can't remember the last time I had a non-sweet chewing gum to be honest. It's mostly either sugar or aspartame, you choose.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevolutionEvolvd

Originally posted by Replikant
There must have been about 6 or 7 different types of gum and ALL of them contained aspartame!

I've noticed that lately, even some brands of gum which are not marked 'sugar-free' contains aspartame, although some brands have a mix of sucrose, aspartame, xylitol and sucralose. My question is WHY?

Sucrose is table sugar.

And xylitol is a sugar alcohol. (they aren't artificial)

If you don't even know the difference between common sweeteners, isn't there a chance that statements such as "sugar is less damaging than aspartame" could be baseless and untrue?

Truth is, sugar is much more damaging that aspartame (given the current data).

Yeah, I know that sucrose is regular sugar, and that xylitol isn't artificial, I was just wondering why the manufacturers feel the need to combine non-artificial sweeteners with artificial ones. Why can't they just choose one or the other, it is ridiculous...sigh.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by toolstarr
all the mainstream adult gums have it. I stopped buying it several years ago when i realized this. i found one brand without it on vacation, forgot the name but it is the one that is juicy in the center . otherwise I will just buy kids gum when i want some.

Freshen-up?

I love that gum. It is so good!
edit on 10/16/2010 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join