It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Swaths of Earth Drying Up, Study Suggests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

(LIvescience.com)-"We didn't expect to see this shift in evapotranspiration over such a large area of the Southern Hemisphere," said study co-author Beverly Law, a professor of global change forest science at Oregon State University. "It is critical to continue such long-term observations, because until we monitor this for a longer period of time, we can't be sure why this is occurring."

news.yahoo.com...

I've heard talk about potential future wars being over resources,mainly water shortages.
Mainly on the Discovery channel,but its starting to become a possible reality.
If we think wars for oil are bad,I can only imagine the wars for water will be a disaster for many.
Heres some videos to go along with the topic.....

The Wars of the Future will be fought over WATER!!!!-1/2

New doc on global water crisis!!!-2/2

"Flow" Sounds the Alarm on Worldwide Water Shortage

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
If there are wars for water, I would hope to find people (guns in hand) at my side righting a wrong. False scarcity is an affront to our creator.

With the correct machinery filtering even ocean water should be possible.

So, the question begs to be asked....where are these machines? And, since the world (should) knows about them, why are we even having this conversation? 5 gallons a day from each machine.

Like I said, if water really is in short supply, make sure you bring your loaded rifle. We will have some hell to raise.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
An invisible candle shines forth form behind the silence, inside and underneath the noise i speak with the Dolphins and whales, upon the edges of oblivion I dance and sing for them, light holding shadows approach the mirage ,harken riddles of resurrections, this laughter is from knowing these lips are from yonder, it is your fear that hears the gallops near,an echo pulses as the waves wash their blood on to the shores,the blackness the darkness forever. our song will rain sonorous,form the Puparium we vent riddles of repugnance ,sent of she seduction fragrance.The hand of compassionate woman have cook their own children;they become food for them in the destruction or the daughter of my people.

edit on 12-10-2010 by -unnamed- because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by -unnamed-
An invisible candle shines forth form behind the silence, inside and underneath the noise i speak with the Dolphins and whales, upon the edges of oblivion I dance and sing for them, light holding shadows approach the mirage ,harken riddles of resurrections, this laughter is from knowing these lips are from yonder, it is your fear that hears the gallops near,an echo pulses as the waves wash their blood on to the shores,the blackness the darkness forever. our song will rain sonorous,form the Puparium we vent riddles of repugnance ,sent of she seduction fragrance.The hand of compassionate woman have cook their own children;they become food for them in the destruction or the daughter of my people.

edit on 12-10-2010 by -unnamed- because: (no reason given)

Well written and full of eloquent wording, you still somehow managed to be so abstract as to render any implied meaning moot.

There should be no tragedy. The concept of how the above machine works is very simple. Why does everyone rush to become Chicken Little so easily?

new topics

top topics

join