It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want flies with that? McDonald's Happy Meal shows no sign of decomposing after SIX MONTHS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Looking almost as fresh as the day it was bought, this McDonald's Happy Meal is in fact a staggering six months old.

Photographed every day for the past half a year by Manhattan artist Sally Davies the kids meal of fries and burger is without a hint of mould or decay.

Entitled 'The Happy Meal Project', Mrs Davies, 54, has charted the seemingly indestructible fast food meals progress as it refuses to yield to the forces of nature.

Sitting on a shelf in her apartment, Sally has watched the Happy Meal with increasing shock and even her dogs have resisted the urge to try and steal a free tasty snack.

Fresh: The Happy Meal on the day it was bought by artist Sally Davies in New York

Tasty: Looking a little dry and with an 'acrylic sheen', but the burger has no signs of mould - not even on the bun

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Whoa! I never knew Maccas was making unbiodegradable foods.

Are they treating the buns and fries with synthetic chemicals? Adding aspartame to the cola / Pepsi?

Maccas is really harming the environment...

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well....on the bright side, now you lot know what to stock in your bomb shelters

2nd thingie

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
What a fantastic testament to the quality of McDonald's products. They are made with such care and in such hygienic conditions that they are a bacteria free zone. They'll stay fresh for literally months.

Ronald McDonald, I salute you.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This proves nothing. She should make her own hamburger and fries put it on the desk next to Mc Meal for comparsion. She just dried it, it´s normal that it´s not decomposing.
This happens when you let artist to do science.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
is it just me or are there a few fries missing from the second picture?

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Although I am against fast food in principle, I think this story is more about the cleanliness of this woman's apartment. If there was a fly in the room it surely would have landed on the meat or the fries no matter how many chemicals were in them. No ants? No spiders?

I don't usually think of artists as being clean freaks, but this one must be!

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

There may be a few fries missing but they're definitely rearranged as is the burger. While I don't doubt the claim being made about McDonald's, I've found a errant fry under my car seat more than once with no signs of decomposition, I question why the positions of product have been altered so much.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

The fries are alive! They don't decay, but they get up and go for a walk when nobody is looking.

top topics

join