It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Columbus was evil !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
OK I did not think anything when my relatives got off work today. Then I started thinking about " why they were off" I was raised back in the 70's and let me tell you.... History " taught" in school was a complete farse.
My daughter ( Who is in 11th grade) was telling me how great this man was!!!
I proceeded to tell her how he was a "CREEPER, Raper, molester, and murderer to hundreds of Natives, oh and MURDERER. so she goes to school and says my dad is a researcher of history and he says yhadayadayada...., and her teacher says I am mistaken LOL
GRRRRRRRRRR
Anyway she tells him she believes me and she now has a D
When she had an A !!!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Also, the fact that he didn't "discover America" should be another detail that's included in the curriculum. Not even including those who crossed the land bridge during the ice age, there were several others that crossed the Atlantic a thousand or more years before Columbus.
History itself is full of bogus information. I'm seriously considering home schooling my son.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by madhadder545

oy, yeah, I have seen the same sort of thing myself. I eventually told my kids to learn what it takes to pass the classes, but if they really want to know the truth research it because what they teach in school is only a small part of the story and often wrong.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The Old World conquest of the New World was one of the worst things to happen, right up there with the WW2 holocaust. Entire groups of natives were wiped out through war, disease, slavery and TPTB glorify the conquerors like Gods and teach kids that Colombus discovering America was the greatest thing since oxygen.

For those home schooling their kids... Congratulations. Other people have been made to not have that choice.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Exactly!!! There's so much that the books do not show and do not!! get me wrong.. I am so grateful to be born in this great country of the USA, but the way it was obtained makes me um ....wanna puke
The state we are in now is a joke!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
What is taught in schools under the guise of American history is a farce. It does not cover the true history of this country, warts and all. It's more an Euro-centric feel good story of manifest destiny fed to children to instill blind patriotism. Also, the whole "discovery" angle rubs me the wrong way. How can you discover a land that is already occupied? It's like me going to somebody's house and saying that I discovered it, and then laying claim to it; although, it was already being lived in.

new topics

top topics

join