It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10-10-10 UFO footage at college station (Great Footage)

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unreal13
reply to post by KilIuminati

Honestly, I have no idea. All I can say is it moved across the sky pretty fast, and not like other things ive seen in orange county, california... I am not saying there are little green people inside, but I also know a sheriff and they were all on watch waiting for it to land (and not just in garden grove where I saw it, even 30 miles away). The National Guard chopper coming was quite... weird. It definitely wasn't a toy though :/ Sort of sucks to have people doubt you so much. Lol this is my first time even comin on this site, and i only came cuz i found somethin cool.

tl;dr Im not sure what it was. But it wasn't something normal

That's cool...we need more folks like you to present their stories.
When you just tell it like it is without the fan fare or plugs, it comes off more believable.
There will always be skeptics....goes with the territory, and for good reason. Although, many here seem to be almost hostile....or desperate in a 'passive' sort of way. lol

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Wow... want to know WHY it looks CG?

www.amazon.com...

I had one of these. They have 3 LED's that light up. The control is IR sensor and a throttle. Probably a couple kids down the street playing with them in the dark... best time to use them! Can't really see them in the daylight as well, not as fun. That's why these don't shoot side to side like typical UFO's. They just hover up and down and around in circles. It almost looks like 1 person is playing around with controlling 2 at the same time. Every time one drops down, he probably lost IR line of sight (hard to aim with your submissive hand).

Pretty good flying... REALLY good if it's 2 separate people (like the guys that demo them at carnivals kind of good!)
edit on 11-10-2010 by Earthscum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

So all we have left is one sighting in Texas (the OP) filmed by drunk stoners who probably couldn't tell it was RC aircraft even if they were sober.

No need to be nasty.

Keep in mind, the video is most likely NOT faked.
Meaning it wasn't manufactured on some computer by the people recording it.

In all likelihood it is simply a misunderstanding, due to this groups lack of exposure to RC flyers. It could be a hoax they set up with friends in another area to mislead viewers here and elsewhere, but I don't find this to be very likely.

They simply did not understand what it was they were seeing.

To them, these RC flyers (copters, planes whatever) were the very definition of UFOs.
Unidentified flying objects.

That is, until we rightfully identified that they were RC flyers.

It's not like anyone said these were space aliens coming to steal our women.
UFO isn't just synonymous with "aliens from outerspace" and from their perspective, the alleged RC flyers were just that.

UFOs.

If this place wants to be a spot were people can honestly post up unusual videos they have taken for us to analyze and discuss, even if they are eventually found to be quite mundane, then maybe we should retract the claws a bit folks. Not everyone is trying to trick the public, and some people just want us to figure out what exactly it is they have recorded.

Even if they think what they have recorded is amazing footage, unless they are definitely stating they know for sure that this is an off-world craft piloted by aliens, I don't see any level of malicious intent in simply bringing it to ATS to discuss or dissect.

Attacking people for posting videos of unidentified flying objects they have recorded in the sky, that turn out to be nothing but ordinary objects, can keep people from putting up something that could inevitably be truly out of this world.

It's a harmless error, not some attack on our intellect.

I don't know anything about RC flyers with LED lights, and had I saw it from a distance I too may have recorded it and brought it here to get opinions.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Long thread already - but they had the exact same flying characteristics as two larger-scale RC helicopters (like a T-Rex 450 or so) which could fly at least as long as the video recorded time. A few higher-power LED panels on them and you have exactly what they recorded. Powerful electric helicopters wouldn't make sound at the distance they were video-recording from. Nitro would not have been nice at night but electric would be fine.

Those flying in this page above in the city/lake area are really nice. Didn't know they were "kites" but just RC airplanes. LEDs on these things look very bright at a distance. I've seen night flying RC planes and copters and they would be easily be able to do this video with RC. And did you notice they were positioned above a central point - a flying field type of location - or someone's backyard or parking lot.

You can slow-fly them or fly them in 3-D flight like this video will show of a good RC copter pilot.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-10-2010 by bonaire because: add video

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Wow I'm so disappointed in all you 'critics'. Your theories of pen lights, rc planes, and kites, involved no critical thinking at all. In fact they necessitate a distinct lack of critical thinking. It's fair to say that you don't know what it is. It's even fair to say that it's interesting, but you are skeptical. But to call it a fake, or throw out completely baseless claims that it's a kite or an rc plain, in my opinion is below the level of integrity appropriate for this forum.
edit on 11-10-2010 by Balanced because: typo

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balanced
Wow I'm so disappointed in all you 'critics'. Your theories of pen lights, rc planes, and kites, involved no critical thinking at all. In fact they necessitate a distinct lack of critical thinking. It's fair to say that you don't know what it is. It's even fair to say that it's interesting, but you are skeptical. But to call it a fake, or throw out completely baseless claims that it's a kite or an rc plain, in my opinion is below the level of integrity appropriate to this forum.

Lol, ok.

So, try taking a critical look yourself and prove ME wrong on this... I know EXACTLY what those are... I'll see if I can find a demo vid of one for ya... and while I do that, you can go back and look at my history and posts from the past to prove to yourself that I'm thinking critically.

EDIT: Well, quick search, here's one inside not doing much at all. Anyone who's seen these demoed should recognize it... the one I had had 3 bright LED's underneath, and on top, maybe... red cap on the top. I don't remember them blinking like this, though.

www.youtube.com...

Aha! I guess mine was an AirHogs ripoff... Once it's spinning, the LED's don't appear as if they're flashing anymore. Mine was plain white.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 11-10-2010 by Earthscum because: add video links

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I wasn't being nasty. Also, you just agreed with me in your entire post.

If you listen to the sound in the video they admit to being both drunk and high on drugs. This probably assisted in their inability to identify the objects.

I agree, this was probably an honest mistake in identification, and not a planned hoax. Maybe this was the first time they ever saw an RC aircraft with lights at night. Or maybe they were too drunk and high to think about that possibility.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

I don't have to prove anything. I'm not the one making claims. I'm simply stating that, with respect, your post consists of nothing more than unsubstantiated claims.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Balanced

So writing it off as being an alien space craft from outer space or secret government craft requires critical thinking skills? No... finding Earthly explanations seems to take more critical thinking skills since most of you fail to do so.
edit on 11-10-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balanced
reply to post by Earthscum

I don't have to prove anything. I'm not the one making claims. I'm simply stating that, with respect, your post consists of nothing more than unsubstantiated claims.

Why do I even bother?

I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused your fragile state of mind. I will no longer add farther to this discussion, and will treat it as if it doesn't exist. You may resume your NORMAL UFO religion without further interruption from me.

I believe, but at least I stop myself and ask "Am I really that desperate for answers that I won't keep myself in check?" Don't believe out of desperation... there are plenty of other videos out there that we gotta figure out. This isn't the last. You can let go of this one, lets go find the next one.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Dude. Your eyes are seeing the same as what theirs did, regardless of intoxication. How does it make a difference? This thread has p*ssed me off more than any other I've read in recent months. Disinfo, blind skepticism, breathtaking arrogance and plain stupidity. It's kind of a microcosm for the entire ATS forums.

I'm outta here.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Hanky

Originally posted by Mr Hanky
Dude. Your eyes are seeing the same as what theirs did, regardless of intoxication. How does it make a difference?

NO! My eyes are NOT seeing the same thing they did! How can you make such a ridiculous claim??

Do you even know how digital cameras and video compression works?

Not only do they have a more clear view (because it is reality), but they are also not looking through lenses with a small depth of field (out of focus object), and they are not looking at square pixel representations of real objects.

Small objects can not be easily represented by pixels because the objects detail becomes smaller than the pixels, and all that is left is square jagged fake digital representations.

Also, they have 3D capabilities (depth perception) because they have 2 eyes a few inches apart that allows for slight parallax effect which could help them determine distance. They can also move around and get even more of a parallax effect and determine the size of the object better.

A small pixelated highly compressed out of focus 2D cell phone video will NEVER compare to a real life view. How could you make such a stupid claim??

Originally posted by Mr Hanky
This thread has p*ssed me off more than any other I've read in recent months. Disinfo, blind skepticism, breathtaking arrogance and plain stupidity. It's kind of a microcosm for the entire ATS forums.

I'm outta here.

Your post is by far the most ridiculous post on this entire topic. Good thing you are leaving.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Beyond Creation

I think you explained half of it for yourself, Disinformation is intended to mislead, while misinformation would be unintentional misleading, or mistakenly incorrect information as an incidental occurance, as opposed to intentionally misleading as a deliberate means to an end.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Until someone can prove the UFO footage is RC planes, I will not believe they are RC planes..

Good luck with that..

As I said previously, let the finger pointing begin..

We are so not smart enough, to even try to think outside of the box!

No wonder I can sell junk on EBAY for hundreds of dollars..

Like imaginary items, and characters for instance to use on computer programs..

edit on 11-10-2010 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
This is still not solid evidence, this is just another blurry UFO video so to those defending this video like its the smoking gun I suggest you keep on looking.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Yes you are seeing a pixel representation of the images they witnessed but to be so critical of the images and video footage is just too much. For me to be as critical as you are I could say that the person(s) getting arrested were put there for officials to explain what people seen there... Or I seen your post of an RC doing somewhat the stunts shown in the footage but they are in inside in some cases and always low to the ground so I say show me some footage of an RC outside, reasonable height, and being able to hover and stay relative in the same position without sway... Furthermore I feel everyone has a right to be critical and prove something right or wrong I may have missed a post or video but I have yet to see real proof of the RC theory. I would like to see and RC and/or a Kite mimic the same motions and light show seen in the video. Before this can be marked as a hoax and it was an RC it needs to be mimic by one up to then its just a THEORY of what it could have been and an assumption built on no true evidence or sources.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Not smart enough to think outside the box? Are you sure about that? Because science-fiction is really easy to create because you are not restricted by any rules, or laws, or pre-existing objects.

Lets think outside the box for a second and list things that this video may show:

1: It could be new type of mutated humming bird that has bioluminescent skin which lights up bright and flies around in odd patterns.

2: It could be a secret underground race of 1 inch tall beings which can easily hide from humans because they are so small. And their size allows them to more easily study subatomic physics and create nanotechnology easier than humans, which allowed them to discover and create flying devices which move in extreme ways because their bodies are so small and light weight gravity has less effect on their body while doing maneuvers.

3: It could be a ghost from another dimension condensing small amounts of visible light from the enviornment in order to manifest a visible entity that can be filmed and it's flying around lost in the atmosphere.

4: It could be aliens from outer space, from the planet Plaknodopa, who conquered the secrets of gravity and matter and perfected "pretty colorful light emitting space craft", and they came here on 10/10/2010 because they magically share the same calendar as humans even though their planet spins around their star faster, and they thought it would be a good time to do absolutely nothing but freak out drunk and stoned kids, and get on a video which is posted on YouTube.

5: It could be a secret government aircraft created with the billions of dollars tax payers slaved for, and the government decided 10/10/2010 was a good date to reveal this secret technology to a couple drunk and stoned people. It uses multi-stage electromagnetic radiation emitting flux capacitors to produce enough power to create a constant flow of plasma around a craft in multiple pretty colors as a propulsion device. They built this secret craft in Texas near a collage.

...uh... im bored now. I can do that all day.

I would rather try finding an explanation which doesn't involve creating science-fiction, and is simple not complex, more elegant, and understandable, which makes complete sense, and is more plausible.

Thinking a couple guys bought cheap little agile RC aircraft and put lights on them to fly them at night is much more elegant than all of the above.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

Not smart enough to think outside the box? Are you sure about that? Because science-fiction is really easy to create because you are not restricted by any rules, or laws, or pre-existing objects.

Lets think outside the box for a second and list things that this video may show:

1: It could be new type of mutated humming bird that has bioluminescent skin which lights up bright and flies around in odd patterns.

2: It could be a secret underground race of 1 inch tall beings which can easily hide from humans because they are so small. And their size allows them to more easily study subatomic physics and create nanotechnology easier than humans, which allowed them to discover and create flying devices which move in extreme ways because their bodies are so small and light weight gravity has less effect on their body while doing maneuvers.

3: It could be a ghost from another dimension condensing small amounts of visible light from the enviornment in order to manifest a visible entity that can be filmed and it's flying around lost in the atmosphere.

4: It could be aliens from outer space, from the planet Plaknodopa, who conquered the secrets of gravity and matter and perfected "pretty colorful light emitting space craft", and they came here on 10/10/2010 because they magically share the same calendar as humans even though their planet spins around their star faster, and they thought it would be a good time to do absolutely nothing but freak out drunk and stoned and get on a video which is posted on YouTube.

5: I could be a secret government aircraft created with the billions of dollars tax payers slaved for, and the government decided 10/10/2010 was a good date to reveal this secret technology to a couple drunk and stoned people. It uses multi-stage electromagnetic radiation emitting flux capacitors to produce enough power to create a constant flow of plasma around a craft in multiple pretty colors as a propulsion device. They built this secret craft in Texas near a collage.

...uh... im bored now. I can do that all day.

I would rather try finding an explanation which doesn't involve creating science-fiction, and is simple not complex, more elegant, and understandable, which makes complete sense, and is more plausible.

Thinking a couple guys bought cheap little agile RC aircraft and put lights on them to fly them at night is much more elegant than all of the above.

Ah you again...

Is this your hobby?

If its not that important to you bud, then let this worry bout itself and let the pro's try to open the minds of the ones who if just for a moment think to themselves wow, what is that..

Why be so closed minded?

I guess the world is still flat and the earth is the center of the Universe..

Good day..

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Uh you again?

How can you call me closed minded, I just showed you how open minded I could be and made a bunch of B.S. that you love to hear? Do you not like my B.S.? Does it not stink as good as your B.S.?

Please tell us, all knowing one, what are these objects in the OP? Saying you don't know is a cop out. Not trying to guess is a cop out. Let's hear your explanation. If you were asked to settle on an explanation, what would you settle with?

New's flash, not everyone believed the Earth was flat. Only idiots thought it was. Whenever there was a lunar eclipse, the shadow created by the Earth would show up on the Moon and people would see the Earth is round.

Also, there is no center of the universe.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join