It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10-10-10 UFO footage at college station (Great Footage)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Still havent heard anything back from the YT poster. Its still early, hopefully I will hear something by morning. Thanks for the input everyone. Very entertaining comments so far

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

hey dude im the roommate of the guy who posted the videos. contact me if you want any more info. i cant pm you and dont want to post any contact info on here.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by cdesigns

I fly RC airplanes with night lights and I will asure those lights are not RC airplanes. they hover a mantain a similar pattern sometimes , those are not rcairplanes or helicopters
edit on 11-10-2010 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

That's a pretty bold statement. I'm watching RC plane and helicopter daylight videos, looking for some night time ones to see if they can maneuver back in fourth in such a manner. So far, the answer is just no.

*edit* Forgive my ignorance, I've seen some footage that has changed my mind. RC copters can do some crazy stuff with the right pilot.
edit on 11-10-2010 by Indoc because: Spoke too soon.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunnar.j

hey dude im the roommate of the guy who posted the videos. contact me if you want any more info. i cant pm you and dont want to post any contact info on here.

Since you do not have 20 contributing posts, you will not be able to use PM.
Why dont you post more information on this thread for all to see
and yes, do not post any personal info..such as name, address, etc.

Thanks!
edit on October 11th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I fly RC airplanes with night lights and I will asure those lights are not RC airplanes. they hover a mantain a similar pattern sometimes , those are not rcairplanes or helicopters.

I have to agree, and I am going with a star and flag on this. That was some interesting video, for sure. I don't believe it was RC/lights because of the distance. The distance is too long for tiny little lights present on RC stuff to show up that big on this guy's camera. No, this is something else. And I believe the commentary to be authentic. One of the more interesting ufo videos I have seen actually.

But it's still worthless. Until they land and shake our hands, I'm a skeptic till the end.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by gunnar.j

Since you do not have 20 contributing posts, you will not be able to use PM.
Why dont you post more information on this thread for all to see
and yes, do not post any personal info..such as name, address, etc.

Thanks!
edit on October 11th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

what do yall want to know?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gunnar.j

Maybe tell us the general location (city) and if there are any airports or military bases nearby.
Give us a detailed story from begining to end (w/out the profanity of course). Any news story about others seeing this? Whatever detail you can give

Thanks for joining and posting!

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterBurns
The kids voices dont sound convincing to me at all, its calm and not at all hysterical

Why should they be hysterical, and to what degree would their hysterics seem acceptable?
Should they be screaming, and jumping up and down?

Maybe crying?

No, no, because someone would say it was fake because they were "too" hysterical.

Maybe people like you saying such things should explain to us all how every single human being MUST act when they are confronted with a UFO.

Clearly there is only one acceptable way.

Its perfectly black background, the colours are perfect, the movement is so smooth, it has CGI all over it. Thats the movement of a mouse or pen on a tablet.

You know this...how?

Whats with the letter box view aswell, some kind of cropped video?

Sure, why not?

It all depends on what they filmed this with and the setting.
Not really unusual.

And what happened at the end, why didnt he keep filming until it disappeared.

Fake!!

I don't know whether this is a hoax or not, but I do know two things.

1. It is a fascinating video, and one of the more authentic to make it onto this site.

2. The immediate and rushed debunking of this video has been sloppy and sophomoric.

If you don't know what it is yet, it's okay. Don't just throw "fake" out there.
What's been said here so far has not proven this fake at all.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
anyone happen to know the range of an r/c helicopter? Those orbs had a lot of range.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Hey there! thanks for joining the thread! please feel free to share with the forum!! Welcome!!! I would like to know a few things

1-the direction the objects were filmed

2-Did the objects make any noise not heard on the video?

3-How long was the sighting in total?

4-Was there a solid shape visible or just lights?

5-Were you all filming in a public place?

6-Do you think this couldve been radio controlled planes or anything similar?

7-Was the video enhanced digitally whatsoever?

Any additional information please feel free to add. Thank you so much for the help! I look forward to your posts!

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The commentary is believable enough. I doubt they are regular RC planes, however it could be miliary drones, or perhaps something like this:

Quadrotors

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeisterFahrer
anyone happen to know the range of an r/c helicopter? Those orbs had a lot of range.

www.youtube.com...
Can't link, but you should check this video out. It's a camera on an RC copter. Apparently the range is pretty outrageous.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indoc

I fly RC airplanes with night lights and I will asure those lights are not RC airplanes. they hover a mantain a similar pattern sometimes , those are not rcairplanes or helicopters
edit on 11-10-2010 by cdesigns because: (no reason given)

That's a pretty bold statement. I'm watching RC plane and helicopter daylight videos, looking for some night time ones to see if they can maneuver back in fourth in such a manner. So far, the answer is just no.

First thing is that I bet that the video was recorded with an iphone either 3GS or 4, I had the 3GS and I currently have the iphone 4, I know how they record at night and those lights were very bright for been an R/C airplane or helicopter. those lights moved to fast or to slow and even hover at times, Imposible with an airplane, maybe an helicopter could do it but , with my experience in knight flying helicopters are hard to fly during the day, much harder in night and they go very far, it just not posible. and this happened at 2am??? I dont know any of my friends who fly RC airplanes flying so late.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Maybe tell us the general location (city) and if there are any airports or military bases nearby.
Give us a detailed story from begining to end (w/out the profanity of course). Any news story about others seeing this? Whatever detail you can give

Thanks for joining and posting!

okay, first of all the lights were seen for about one hour between midnight and 1 am on 10/10/10 in the outskirts of college station, tx. there is a small non commercial airport about 10 miles away on the other side of town, but no military bases to my knowledge. my buddy shot the video on his iphone and took several different videos. we posted that one on youtube because it was the longest and captured the lights the best. were posting more videos now because some people think that we know something about video editing and cgi...whatever cgi is. all i know is that we saw something crazy and wanted to see if other people saw it as well. a couple other people from the college station area confirmed they saw the same thing on youtube. we havent heard anything in the news but with all this hype going around about it now it actually might be small town newsworthy. anything else yall wanna know just ask.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by quantum_flux
The commentary is believable enough. I doubt they are regular RC planes, however it could be miliary drones, or perhaps something like this:

Quadrotors

That is a very good link! Something I was curious about was the synchronized movements in the video and it was shown in your link. Are you familiar with RC's? The video I presented does show whatever objects maneuvering at quite a distance...Is the range on the RC's capable of this?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Thanks for joining. Is it possible for you guys to get a daylight video of the area you filmed these orbs?

How far away did they seem to be from you? We are trying to get an idea of the elevation they flew to and the depth range.

Thanks.

Also, any noise?

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Thanks for the info! i asked a few questions just a few posts above, if you could get to those that would be great. I appreciate your attendence in this thread, its great to get these basic questions out of the way! Hopefully our discussion here can help give you a few suggestions of what you possibly saw that night..

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
That could be UFOs or it could be Kids down the street with flashlights.

I doubt it is two kids with flashlights, dude.

It could simply be something mundane like RC flyers, but flashlights I'm not buying.
That's why I don't buy the cries of the lights themselves being "fake" or CGI. The lights in the film appear to be unaltered, authentic, and "real". I just don't know what is causing them. That is the mystery.

However it could still be a "hoax" as opposed to a "fake" video, in that two groups staged the event in order to make two RC flyers look like UFOs.

It may also just be something real caught on camera by people who weren't aware of what they were actually seeing.

The trouble with "Caught on tape" vids these days is every computer you buy comes with software to create CGI effects.

True, you can alter basically ANY video.
Even the ones you get on the 6 o' clock news.

Still, how else are we supposed to capture anything on camera?
What other method is there to bring the videos to the people?

So we can either try and analyze the videos we do get, or simply disregard all videos of...well...anything we didn't personally film as being possibly tampered with.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

The legal range on RC's is 400 feet I believe (just over a football field), plus you need to have a permit to operate them at an RC park.
edit on 11-10-2010 by quantum_flux because: -

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
That looks like an R/C plane or helicopter. That's what it looks like to me, anyway. Just another light in the sky type footage.

--airspoon

No. That does not explain the color-changing.

I don't see anything fake about this.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join