It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireball-Like Objects Photographed over Brant Beach, New Jersey;

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

While vacationing in Brant Beach, NJ, on July 3rd, 2010, 9:30 PM, I took these photos of "fireballs" in the sky over the ocean. I estimate that these objects were about 1-2 miles from the shore moving from south to north at about 100 miles an hour. They were probably about 10-20 feet around. The altitude of these objects was about 800-1000 ft. They were witnessed by several (8) other people at my party. At first we thought they may be helicopters, but, everyone agreed that they had never seen anything like this before.

link for source quote and pictures; www.ufocasebook.com...

Well what do you guys think of these images, lanterns maybe??The colour is about right for Chinese lanterns but are the witnesses aware of what they would look like and in what formation or type of movement they would exhibit.Strange one, cannot see any relevant video anywhere for these objects just in case there where some other witnesses who also seen these objects and managed to capture them on film that is.

:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
They look like lanterns.

The estimates of size, distance, and speed are meaningless. Without some point of reference it is impossible to make such estimates for objects in the sky.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

K-PAX-PROT.....

Thank you for providing these photos & report for discussion.

I estimate that these objects were about 1-2 miles from the shore moving from south to north at about 100 miles an hour. They were probably about 10-20 feet around. The altitude of these objects was about 800-1000 ft.

I would be interested to know how the witness arrived at these metrics:

- Distance: "1-2 miles"

- Speed: "100 miles an hour"

- Size: "10-20 feet around"

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Yes your points on how these witnesses came to determine these distances and sizes of these objects is a valid point ,i suppose the only way would be of course contacting them and posing certain questions to them. Maybe someone on here either knows these witnesses or possibly has also seen these objects too, long shot i know but we live i hope i suppose.Cheers for the reply and taking an interest..
edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: spelling error

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I called 911 to report the "fireballs," and the dispatcher joked, "You know it is the fourth of July."
www.ufocasebook.com...

Probably lanterns.

A couple of months ago, me and friends saw a half dozen fast-moving, swooping lights in the sky that looked just like these. At the time we were genuinely intrigued. Although lanterns were the inevitable explanation, a part of me remained undecided.

A couple of weeks later, me and the family lit two lanterns and my doubts were gone.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

K-PAX-PROT.....

Yes your points on how these witnesses came to determine these distances and sizes of these objects is a valid point

I think such difficulty can be exacurbated over water.

i suppose the only way would be of course contacting them and posing certain questions to them.

The problem is, I think they have already demonstrated they don't know the answers.

Maybe someone on here either knows these witnesses or possibly has also seen these objects too, long shot i know but we live i hope i suppose.

I agree.....we do "live in hope" that one day, we will get "that" photo or "that" video.

I think perhaps the witness also wants that.....perhaps a lot....., hence their interpretation of what appears to be lanterns or similar.

Cheers for the reply and taking an interest

You are very welcome!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 10-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Syntax

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

I called 911 to report the "fireballs," and the dispatcher joked, "You know it is the fourth of July."
www.ufocasebook.com...

Probably lanterns.

A couple of months ago, me and friends saw a half dozen fast-moving, swooping lights in the sky that looked just like these. At the time we were genuinely intrigued. Although lanterns were the inevitable explanation, a part of me remained undecided.

A couple of weeks later, me and the family lit two lanterns and my doubts were gone.

Judging by this post on the comments section below from the UFO Case Book Web site it looks like it very well could be lanterns;

I saw a single orange orb on July 3rd as well, reported it to NUFORC. According to them, there was a wave of sightings from July 3 to 10 all across the US of orange orbs with the same description as these. Out of all the weird things I have seen in the skies, this was the first time I felt like I was seeing something maybe I shouldn't. I seem to remember that at the time, there was a major solar storm occurring, I wonder if these are somehow electromagnetic in origin?

source; www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
...i saw something like that one time... was in the early 90s - midday... it was about 50feet above me... wasnt much bigger than a basketball... soared across our property and smacked into a huge oak tree on the property behind us...

...my kids' dad and i raced over there with shovels and rakes because we thought it would start a fire and we lived in heavy woods... we knew exactly which tree it hit but when we got there, there wasnt a trace of any damage, not one burnt leaf and there should have been something...

...my kids' dad said "its a break in the time continuum" and we laughed... i said "theres little critters hanging out of a mini-ship, all mutilated, dripping green goo everywhere and we cant see anything because of the ship's cloaking device" - and - we laughed again...

...just then one of my cats stepped on a twig and made it snap and we nearly jumped out of our skin, lol...

...we didnt bother reporting it to anyone... what are you gonna say?... we saw it but its not there now?...

...i decided it was probably a misfire from starwars (the military bs, not the movie bs)... some idiot was somewhere in a hole in the ground and leaned on the wrong button... "oooops!"...

...my younger brother (who, i admit, we dropped on his head a few times when he was a baby) actually worked in a hole in the ground on a military installation at the time... i called him later that day, told him what happened and asked if we'd done anything to piss him off... he just laughed - creepy lil turd...

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Very cool photo capture my friend, if lanterns, what would be propelling them at 100mph, wind?

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sperical123

If they were really just one foot in diameter and .1 to .2 miles away, they might have just been going about 10 mph

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I noticed as well the comment that compared them to lanterns.

I myself have never seen one of those burning lanterns. Could we get some reference pictures somewhere? Are there threads that have some?

top topics

join