It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy theorists confident Photoshopped NASA image is a cover-up

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

I wanted the sources (ty) and the lpi source is a start.

The fact that the colors are "dim" when viewed (naked eye) from Earth, and that is due to both distance, AND atmospheric attenuation due to absorbtion of certain light frequencies. This, I realize.

However, it seems evident (despite its source, the "lpi", that there is 'some' sort of enhancement, even in their photo, from their site. (Why else are the smallish craters in the vicinty "glowing" light blue???). It is explained, by the descriptions of the red, green and blue and the wavelengths used...perhaps someone who knows more about such things, and what images are produced that way, will chime in? I don't profess to have learned the details of these things....BUT, if pressed, I have that ability, once the science is presented. I could also go study it on my own, given time...but there are people who devote entire careers to such things, and how long does that take?? Easier to let them describe it.

Still, what is the POINT? I mean, these full-"color" images are obviously widely disseminated, yet people are still prattling on about NASA "lying" about color??
Isn't that contradictory, on the behalf of the NASA-detractors? I mean, just WHO is putting out dis-info, anyway?

Oh, and a Dutch astronomer saw some colors, even whilst viewing from beneath the curtain of our atmosphere. Well, Apollo transcripts show that the Human eye, in Lunar orbit, also saw some colors too....especially, if I recall, reflected in the "Earthshine" when it was most evident...as opposed to the more glaringly bright direct Sunlight. (Could this also be when the Dutch astronomer saw the "glows" and colors? During a new moon period, when it was "night" on the Moon's near hemisphere?).

In any case, for all of the various NASA missions that involve imaging, they utilize a large variety of spectra, beyond just the "visible" (to us), for scientific purposes. Again,this is no secret, at all. SO, why this constant NASA-bashing??? I don't get it.....and, I think that the innuendo-dropping of such things leads to the continued existence of that sort of YouTube video (misunderstanding the facts) and thus the wasted time, when threads like this are made about a non-issue. (I.E., "NASA Photoshopped Image")

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
and thus the wasted time, when threads like this are made about a non-issue. (I.E., "NASA Photoshopped Image")

If that is true... then why are you spending so much time and effort flogging that horse?

<< 1  2   >>

join