It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's, 29 other firms get health care coverage waivers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Nearly a million workers won't get a consumer protection in the U.S. health reform law meant to cap insurance costs because the government exempted their employers.

Thirty companies and organizations, including McDonald's (MCD) and Jack in the Box (JACK), won't be required to raise the minimum annual benefit included in low-cost health plans, which are often used to cover part-time or low-wage employees.

The Department of Health and Human Services, which provided a list of exemptions, said it granted waivers in late September so workers with such plans wouldn't lose coverage from employers who might choose instead to drop health insurance altogether.

Link

Go figure.

The government creates a piece of crap. When businesses decided they will have to follow said piece of crap, and that would require dropping coverage, the government allows for big corporate exemptions. All of that just in time for elections. I guess the idea of millions of people losing coverage, many if not most of whom didn't know what was in or understand the HC bill, probably wouldn't help struggling incumbents.

However, if Joe Small-businessman wants to drop coverage to keep cost down and stay in business, sorry, not big enough to exempt. All the while the nation is left with this mess of a HC bill and mess of a government.

(Sorry or sounding grumpier than usual, haven't had my morning cup of joe yet.)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Go figure. The government creates a piece of crap.
Da Gubmint be stickin' wit whut theys good at.

I hope that some registered voters realize at some point what a bunch of corporate shills we have sitting in Washington.

Think of what election day would be like if we were able to vote for Washinton lobbyists!

Star-flag-bump.

edit on 7-10-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The target is the middle class. They will adjust it until its narrowed down to a certain income bracket, watch and see.
Basically the goal is to make the middle class pay for everyone else's health care and be restricted on the kind of care they can receive themselves. The bill that passed was just a shell to allow for future adjustment.

Nothing new here. The middle class always carries the burden of the population while the rich get richer and the poor collect their free checks.
edit on 7-10-2010 by Digital_Reality because: Because I felt like it.

new topics

join