It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AUD hit .99 USD 07/10/2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hi Guys
Any one notice the AUD hit .99 USD today?
Im surprised this hasn't been mentioned in any news except this Site

But i first notice on the charts - www.xe.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c5006cb3652.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 7/10/2010 by wycky because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/10/2010 by wycky because: Fix Link

Added: Highest levels since the currency was floated back in 1983
edit on 7/10/2010 by wycky because: update

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
That's because Australia has proven that it has one of the Wests strongest economies, if not the strongest.
edit on 10/7/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
That's because Australia has proven that it has one of the Wests strongest economies, if not the strongest.

We do but for how long?
Interest rates are going up, electricity is sky rocketing which will push up all cost of living.
We are now in a debt of over 100 Billion.
When the first crash happened we were in a surplus of 40+ billion
How well will we hold up during the next cash??

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

If there is a second crach anytime soon I doubt anyone will be doing okay.

Is your electricty run by the government or is it private? And if you are worrying about the cost of living and goods going up you do know that inflation is actually a tax right? So there is always a way to end a tax, especially one as evil as that.

Forgot to add: S+F

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Electricty is Privately owned but supposed to be controlled / monitored by government bodies

They recently just approved an increase of 24% so the electric companies can upgrade their infrastructure, If any other business introduced a 20% increase they would lose customers and have to shut down.
And now the greens are trying to push through a Carbon tax which will be at least another 40% on the cost of electricity among other things

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

Little to now competition among electricity providers I'm guessing. Don't worry here in the states they are doing their best to screw us over too, I love nature too but we cannot legislate such things as Cap and Trade or Kyoto Protocol. It should be done through the market place.

It's sad yet refreshing to know that my country isn't the only one being completely raped and pillaged by big government and big business.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

There is virtually no competition they have a monopoly.

Back on topic:
Another article has poped up from the UK - this is the highest the AUD has ever been.

Elsewhere, the AUD gained strength across the board after an unexpected jump in Australian employment change, which helped AUD/USD to reach the highest levels since the AUD become a freely floating currency.

Source
edit on 7/10/2010 by wycky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Pump and dump my friend we got into the nineties before then slid all the way back to the sixties currency traders probably made a motza all the way down,I believe all world major markets including currency markets are rigged dont be surprised if you see another Aussie dollar free fall.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie. Oi, Oi, Oi.

Second line.

new topics

top topics

join