It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phones tapped and other strangeness...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Just a question on two subjects, and I would like some feedback:

During the mid-90s my friend and I would have long discussions over our landline phones regarding secret military activity going on in the area we lived.

During this time, for a period of one or two years, we would periodically hear "clicking" sounds on the phone. I happened to hear it more clearly than my friend did. I have never heard such sounds on a phone, before or since.

We would joke that our phones were tapped.

I personally have NO idea what a phone tap sounds like, except from references in film and television.

Can anyone offer an educated opinion? What I heard was a lot of static and "clicking". Again, I've NEVER heard this before or since in my life. The sounds were heard during the period of time our "investigation" and interest in this military activity/underground base rumors was most intense. Often our conversations consisted entirely of discussing and sharing rumors and information regarding this subject.

Second question:

During the mid-90s I posted a web site on the internet regarding the above secret military activity. The web site contained some photos and detailed information on what I had uncovered.

I posted the site on yahoo and a few forums. I watched the "hits" come in. The visitors were small in number, but within a week or so, out of maybe 20 unique hits, one was the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Lockheed, IBM and, yes, the CIA. The hits were simply recorded as "www.cia.gov", etc.

Now, this struck me as quite odd. Anyone care to offer an opinion? I always thought that if my investigation had no merit, why would the above agencies bother looking at my site or have any remote interest in it?

There were no longer any other unique hits from any agencies or companies after that.

Just looking for some educated feedback...

edit on 7-10-2010 by CUBD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CUBD1

Well I'm a telecoms and IT engineer so I think I'll be able to answer your questions.

Question 1

It's possible that your phone line was tapped, the clicking sounds would most likely be the recording equipment clicking in, from what I know phone line taps weren't that advanced back then, you wouldn't notice a phone taps today however.

I don't know if you have heard about the Echelon network but it's very real.

Most likely however there was just static on the line and it was a coincidence, I don't think it's going to be possible now to decide if your line was tapped for definite or not.

Question 2

I wouldn't say that just because your website had military viewers means that you actually uncovered some "top secret" information, from what I understand most military/government agencies will check sites that contain information of that nature.

I know that most of the three letter agencies check a variety of sites including webpages detailing hacking, phreaking etc even certain web forums

Hope that helps

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Thanks.

new topics

join