It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone thought about this? - Did you at least consider it?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I live in a city where the only ways out involve crossing a bridge, and we have several bridges. Or a boat, which I have none. There is no 'safe' line between me and the mountains.

So, there will be illegalities involved in my escape plan and I am prepared for that. Luckily I don't have a husband or dependents to drag into my nefarious plans for escape.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

I've always the most likely SHTF event wouldnt' be nuclear evaporation, but would be more like a take over of all my rights and freedoms. inwhich case i would play by the rules, keep my head down and just make my way out as far as i could to go live my life near my family. at which point, when most people were passive, i know plenty of ways to get the hell out that dont' involve roads, bridges highways, or motorized transport.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

I don't want to derail thread into a philosophical issue from my perspective, but if I gave impression the impression that I was concerned about illegalities, I gave wrong impression.

I am very gray when it comes to written laws and in a survival situation, laws, especially those based around tangible goods, are irrelevant.

I'm talking basic human values. I'm not trying to be unrealistic, or naively KumBayYah, but if you plan ahead of time to be a merciless bastard, and kill/destroy everything that gets in your path, that is probably what will happen.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Since the most likely SHTF scenario will likely be biological. I think holding up in my home with 90 days of food (per person), with minimal outside movement will be the most prudent strategy. Once the resources dry up, then I'll set out on foot with the wife and kid and head west to the Blue Ridge Parkway. There are caves for cold storage, cabins, fish-filled lakes and creeks, and plenty of good hunting to go around. (I know it illegal to hunt in a State Park, but in a Pandemic situation, I don't think anyone would really care).
I've already got my G.O.O.D. bag ready with a Gas Mask to boot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join