It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Policing 101 - How To Be A Good Police Officer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Awesome
- A down to earth police man, that has his head on right. Atleast this is better than showing a officer beating for no reason wrong beatdown by a police officer.

edit on 6-10-2010 by Oozii because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I am actively applying to police departments in my state at the moment and I will say that I agree. That is how I would have handled the situation. Check it out, no crime being committed, have a nice day and please be safe/contact us if anyone makes you feel unsafe. I realize that a number of posters are predisposed to disliking the police, but treat any law enforcement officer with a modicum of decency/*gasp* respect and they may just return the favor. I want to be a cop to protect your rights, not trample them. I wish there was some sort of conspiracy theorist - cop outreach program. I GUARANTEE both sides would be surprised and find some equal footing.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by abrowning
I am actively applying to police departments in my state at the moment and I will say that I agree. That is how I would have handled the situation. Check it out, no crime being committed, have a nice day and please be safe/contact us if anyone makes you feel unsafe. I realize that a number of posters are predisposed to disliking the police, but treat any law enforcement officer with a modicum of decency/*gasp* respect and they may just return the favor. I want to be a cop to protect your rights, not trample them. I wish there was some sort of conspiracy theorist - cop outreach program. I GUARANTEE both sides would be surprised and find some equal footing.

Sure a lot are predisposed to disliking the cops.

But you know there is a reason why.... 99% of the time it is NOT like this.

If it were like this, shamoblamo, no one would have an issue.

This is like the people who say 99.999999% of islam are peaceful... Yet we never hear it... They, in total, are like the obnoxious cops who bash you off your bike on the way down the road, or tazer you 13 times whilst in a group of 9 other officers.

If islam was not constantly supporting itself via silence - if the law were actually as visiable as thise decent man in their duty towards citizens...

We'd have nothing to complain about... at all...

But reality sadly, makes this good guy here, the 1%er of law enforcement.

At least, as far as things go... Ive met far too many bad crooks.. I mean cops to state they are all good bar a few.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

One of the reasons I want to be a cop is to change opinions like yours. I don't believe that only 1% of cops are good people trying to make a difference. I think the number of cops who do deeply care is a lot higher. I have dealt with police in a number of professional settings, and while I readily admit a scary amount have the Us vs. Them perspective, I hope you will someday accept a large number also care deeply for the communities they serve.

new topics

top topics

join