It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS BATTLE CRY: Embrace Your Chosen Counter Culture Now or Watch the Human Race become the Murder-Vi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
ATS BATTLE CRY: Embrace Your Chosen Counter Culture Now or Watch the Human Race become the Murder-Victim of Nihilism!

What do you believe? What do we as a community, here at ATS believe? What does society at large believe? What do the PTB want us to believe?

Lies crumble all around us everyday. Galileo witnessed an earth shattering lie unfold right before his eyes, which were pressed to that early telescope. Feminists see the historic subordination of women unraveling as a lie as old as agriculture. And Marxists see the same thing.

Global warming skeptics and Global warming believers both feel as if they're constantly on the cusp of untangling the others' superstitious lie. Or, at last, providing the proof that will disarm the opposition.

The Gods of old are dead my friends. The Gods of Sumeria are dead. The Gods of Egypt are dead. Nietzsche says God himself is dead. The man-gods of ancient fiefdoms died every 60 years and their laws always followed them to the grave.

Agriculture is dead. The earth is dead. Culture is dead. Society is dead. --- All because history is dead. Or was there ever any History at all...

There are multiple histories, all kept in the big rooms full of books that signify 'civilization.' Every history has its day. Every history has its reign to historicize and discredit the histories that came before it. Every history dies. Every history is replaced by a new history. Oh how we fight to start the first chapter in the newest history.

The only true history is a history of dying histories. God-men and their histories drop like flies. After all, they're only mortal. New god-men and histories crop up to take their place. Endless struggle.

And what now? This history and our god-kings will die. Better choose your counter-culture now....

Marx liked to talk about revolution. Historians like to talk about revolution. What is revolution?

Revolution is the next thing vs. the last thing. Its history y overtaking history x. Its god-king y killing god-king x before being slayed at the hands of god-king z..... each new king is always an advancement, surely...right?

We live in a one-world age. We live in an age of cultural monoliths. An age where cosmopolitanism has absorbed multiculturalism. This is a unique age.

This is the age of embracing every single insular, unique culture in theory but not knowing a thing about it. Conversely the unique, insular cultures of your own society are spit upon for being too unique, not open, too insular, not understanding.

The Chinese rich laugh at the uncouth Chinese peasants who's culture, in the form of music, is overlayed with a 4/4 techno drum beat and enthusiastically 'understood' by the American rich. The American rich laugh at the uncouth American red-necks who's culture, in the form of music, is overlayed with a 4/4 techno drum beat and enthusiastically exported to the world...... I give you cosmopolitanism.

This, like no other time witnessed in the world, is a revolution. This is the only equivalent to the invention of agriculture and the forming of humanity's first embryonic societies. We are forming a meta-society. But unlike dispersed societies, where does the revolution come from? Now it can only come from within...and that, my friends, is subversion.

Suddenly our monolith of a culture, our monolith of a world, is impervious to revolution. So what happens when it falls? What happens when the one and only culture finally falls?

Nihilism.

So grab on now. Hold tight to whatever leftist, rightist, skeptical or theological sub-culture you hold dear. Come here to ATS to defend it. Go everywhere else and proclaim it. For the sake of all that is good, FIGHT EACH OTHER! RIP EACH OTHER'S BELIEFS TO PIECES! BURN AND PILLAGE AND REVOLUTIONIZE EVERY IDEA YOU FIND! DIVERSIFY! BATTLE! DON'T LET ANY OF IT DIE OR FALL VICTIM TO INSIGNIFICANCE!!!!!!

Without that we are nothing. We have nothing. Our strength, as diverse and contentious as we are is this: when the monolith falls, when the historic-first of the one and only culture crumbles....we will have the revolutions, the multiple and diverse answers that everybody else forgot.

We are the last stop between history and nothingness. All aboard.

edit on 5-10-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
So inspiring!

I read the whole thing, so I couldn't leave without commenting:

Impressively put, and sounds a lot like an apocalypse.
I feel a bit like Male Gibson must have felt.

Chances are that it might be the reason for whatever my next post is.
Maybe the reason for my staying interested in this site.

You get a sexy star from me.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
But on the other hand,

I'm so pessimistic that I don't even believe spreading our beliefs will necessarily make a difference.

But on the other hand[Yeah, I have three hands]:

When people come together on one thing, it becomes noticed, and to simply be heard could be a type of rebellion, revolution.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Go ahead and TWEET your message...then relax absorbing the latest 'reality show'...then text your vote to
the next regional IDOL...
there 's not much revolution here or anywhere because we are to socially dependent...
there just ain't many mountain-men anywheres... well we might say the Taliban & AQ
are the new century reformers and the western culture are nihilists... re: credit/usury/fiat money

50 years ago, at the tail end of the beat-generation, your words had an audience...including myself...

even you outsider rant is echoing a homoginized vibration...
i'm just content remaining bohemian, cynical, pagan.... some of the traits
of the new centurys' rennaissance person

so just what is your subculture, splinter group ?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
Go ahead and TWEET your message...then relax absorbing the latest 'reality show'...then text your vote to
the next regional IDOL...
there 's not much revolution here or anywhere because we are to socially dependent...
there just ain't many mountain-men anywheres... well we might say the Taliban & AQ
are the new century reformers and the western culture are nihilists... re: credit/usury/fiat money

50 years ago, at the tail end of the beat-generation, your words had an audience...including myself...

even you outsider rant is echoing a homoginized vibration...
i'm just content remaining bohemian, cynical, pagan.... some of the traits
of the new centurys' rennaissance person

so just what is your subculture, splinter group ?

Yeah, not much revolution going on.

For instance, today's patriot is running around with a little sign with some half-baked thoughts scribbled down on it with a marker, jumping up and down, yelling about not having enough freedoms even though he seems to be allowed to jump up and down yelling about these things in public when he's not busy picking flowers.

There's still hope though!

Although, I'm sure whatever that hope is, would get you put in prison. Funny how things work out, hmm?

join