It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Es Vedra

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

The gigantic pyramid-shaped island of Es Vedra is the inspiration for many myths and legends. Mysterious visions and tales of paranormal activity are connected with this colossal rock. It is also one of Ibiza’s most majestic and photogenic subjects. Standing proud at 385 meters above sea level, Es Vedra is only about eighty meters lower than the Ibicencan mountain of Sa Talaissa - the highest point in the Pituses.

Source

I've never heard of this place before, and a quick search shows that it hasn't been discussed on ATS before. It certainly seems like an interesting and beautiful place, as many hot spots seem to be. If anyone has anymore information on this place feel free to post it.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Strange coincidence this. Two days ago a friend was telling me about a sighting seen by him and dozens of other people in broad daylight in Ibiza,

These are their exact words

date was end of july early august 1994 i think but possibly 1995 but i dont think i went that year. it was in san antonio in ibiza. time was between 5 and 6pm and it was seen by roughly 100 people. we were sat eating our meal outside a restaurant when the owner got all excited and pointed something out in the sky to the staff. we leant out from under the umbrella thing to see what they were gawking at and could see a tiny silver triangle that's all the detail i can give as it was so high up and so far away. it wasnt moving at all and seemed to be stationary high in the sky. we all chatted about it with the restaurant owner who said "little green men coming for us ha ha" we watched it for a few minutes and it never moved at all. we eventually carried on eating and another friend arrived a few minutes later and we said "oh check out the UFO over there" and looked out at where it had been but it was no longer there. none of us nor any of the staff saw it move nor saw when it disappeared. in terms of distance, size etc. i can't really be sure but it was close enough to see clearly that it was triangular but not close enough to be able to see any detail. as it was high in the sky there was nothing we could reference it to in terms of size.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Why indeed, yes.
I recently spent 10 years living on Ibiza in the Balearic Islands, (including Mallorca, Menorca and Formentera, off the East coast of Spain in the Mediterranean). My house was at the foot of Sa Talailla mountain, which offers a wonderful hike to the top, to view almost a great part of this 25 mile long island
Try to find images of this magical rock; My friend Mike Oldfield (brother of Terry) posed in front of it on one of his nu-age album covers as he lived not far away. Es Vedra forms a dramatic silhouette against the sunset and one can imagine the goddesses singing in tune with its sparkling light.
Below it is a beach called Atlantis, that is only accessible by hiking down the steep cliff in front of Vedra.
There are caves off that beach, where it is said the ancients stored their treasures stolen from the high seas.
It's a hippy hangout where you lounge in the nude and cake your body in the rich mud, high on weed!
Ibiza is a very spiritual experience. It was THE hippy hangout in the 60's, and a film was made then, called "More", depicting that scene.

What else can I tell you? I'm sure there's alot I've missed out.
I'm in California, with only 1 hour more on the internet, until I return tomorrow daytime.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Very beautiful place.

new topics

top topics

join