It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legislation that creates a deficit should call for a punishment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Here's a good legislative proposal.

How about every time legislation that is created that the CBO confirms will raise the deficit that Congressman/Senator should have to pay out 10% of their pension to help fund it. I know it won't patch up the difference in numbers but rather if a Congressman created 10 pieces of legislation that passes and adds to the deficit they would have 100% of their pension cut.

And every members of Congress/Senate that votes for a deficit raising bill will have 5% of their pension seized and spent on that legislation.

I wonder if Congressman/Senators would be so willing to lets say... Start a war, deficit spend or enact other deficit raising measures.

edit on 10/3/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I have a better idea.

Every time a politician votes in the positive for any legislation, they are required to pay 10% of their salary.

That is it. Nothing more.

Let us see how much legislation they pass then?

There is an excellent piece of legislation that could take care of over 600,000 statutes in the current federal code.

Do no harm, do not infringe on another's right to Life, Liberty and Property.

Now, to enforce this, all one would have to do is this. If you feel that you are harmed by another or by a company/corporation/government agency/etc, you are allowed to file a suit against them.

Now, with this you have a common law court system set up. You have only cognizant individuals allowed to be part of the jury. This would be a basic test like reciting the Constitution. That is it.

The findings of the jury are final. No black robe priests can overturn a jury's decision.

I tell you what, that would be the best system ever set up. EVER.

Wait a minute, that was how it use to be.

Nevermind, it is much better to have all these government bureaucracies that fail to punish those that have done wrong in our society. Better to have limits imposed because we would not want these massive corporations or government bureaucracies to actually be liable for the crap they cause.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Not every piece of legislation is bad though.

join