It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footage of bombs in the basement? New footage from NIST

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

As debunkers rightly point out, I am not an expert but here is a little clip of what looks like a bomb in the basement of or near the WTC. It's an 8 second clip with an edit and is part of a larger release which is blogged about here : 911blogger.com...

So no matter what side of the fence, what do you think, of this and the other videos recently released?

PS sorry about the question mark in the thread title, maybe someone can come up with some good answers.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
That is most intriguing, but how can we be for sure that that video was even shot on 9/11?

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Isn't that footage from the 1st WTC bombing? That was in the parking garage under the building.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hmmmm i dont buy it .. some a few reasons. At the end of the clip the camera pans up at the tower, it all looks in tact and cant see any smoke of debris from where a plane has hit. Also the ground looks very wet and if im right its looks like its snowing

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
At the end of the clip the camera pans up at the tower, it all looks in tact and cant see any smoke of debris from where a plane has hit. Also the ground looks very wet and if im right its looks like its snowing

Exactly. The '93 bombing took place in February, hence the snow flurries.

That video has Nothing to do with 9-11

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Thanks. I thought that was the 1st bombing. The snow flurries would seem to clinch that.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Woop Woop! Ive posted a valid comment! Well ive done my bit for today hah. That would explain the reason why the video on youtube has had its comments forbidden im guessing alot of people might of picked up the snow i just beat the population of ATS to it
Thanks ... i feel good

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
As you can see, some people on yt still try to sucker in folks with such blatant lies. I just hope most people on yt and ATS will notice that this video was obviously not true, and that it was taken from the 1993 WTC bombing.

BUT

I am curious if someone on a TM wbesite will use this video as "evidence" for "inside job" ideas on 9/11. I sure hope not. As we can see this is dishonesty and trickery, and the TM should not allow this garbage from come up and slander the true folks looking for truth.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

Seems like I might have been suckered myself, I got the link from the 911blogger board, the vid in question is supposed to be from the recent NIST release but a number of people are saying this clip is from 1993 so I don't rightly know. Hopefully its just a genuine mistake and the guy who put it up got the wrong link, I doubt NIST would include the wrong footage in its Cumulus release, that would be another conspiracy in itself!

Peace out and keep searching

:cool

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Anyone who distributes this video as "proof explosives were used in the basements on 9/11" should be looked at more closely and is guilty of deliberately spreading lies and disinformation. Notice that the comments were disabled for this video on YouTube? That most likely means the person who uploaded the video didn't want the truth to be plastered all over their page.

I bet this video was deliberately added by NIST to fuel the conspiracy theory and to eventually further discredit the truth movement.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by yyyyyyyyyy

That is why I always check all sources first, and then do some diggin myself before I accept something someone else is tellin me.
hey dont worry, it happens sometimes, but as long as you can sniff out the false items, its all good.

This is what i was fearing could start happening when they announced that NIST is releasing the videos of WTC7 and others. I hope this is only isolated and wont happen. But then again, I have seen videos creep up that are claimed to be original, but obviously faked or edited to mean somethign else. I hope this does not happen with the NIST "new" videos. But I wonder if only the group that asked for the FOIA for the videos is going to recieve it, or will it be open for all to get? Sorry but I just dont trust International Center for 9/11 Studies being the only "source" to get the videos and pictures from. No offense to them, but they are just the carbon copy PfT, AE9/11, FF9/11, etc etc etc clones. So I hope these videos are going to be unmolested if they are only going to be released by IC9/11S.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Now Bonez, dont be so quick to blaim NIST for this, or suspect them. I see no reason why they would do this. I would suspect elements in the TM movement first. Its happened before, it'll happen again. And this maybe just the first.

I'd rather wish that the videos were realeased to a true "neutral" site for all to grab, not to just one site with a biased agenda, and then disseminated by them. What if they with hold videos that maybe damaging to the "inside job" idea? What then?
edit on 10/4/2010 by GenRadek because: rethought comment

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
I'd rather wish that the videos were realeased to a true "neutral" site for all to grab, not to just one site with a biased agenda, and then disseminated by them.

NIST hasn't necessarily been the beacon of truth, so just make sure you keep that in the back of your mind.

Furthermore, there was a lawsuit filed against NIST and NIST lost. NIST was court-ordered to release the videos. That means if you or any other skeptic wants the same exact videos, all you have to do is file a simple FOIA request.

I'd lay money that not a single skeptic will file the FOIA. Then they will continue to act just as you have, Gen, complaining about who received the videos and what could've been manipulated, blah blah ad nauseum.

Just as with people who don't vote can't complain about the elected, skeptics who don't file their own FOIA and receive their own copies of the videos can't complain about who received the videos and how any may have been manipulated because you won't have your own copy to compare to.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
So what you're saying is that NIST had this video in their archives while investigating 9/11, and that it makes them untruthful as a result? Couldn't it be possible that they were looking into the '93 bombing for clues onto how the towers react to different kinds of attacks. Maybe they were assessing any prior damage to see if it could have any effect on the 9/11 collapse, and when they discovered it was not a contributing factor, the video just remained in their archives?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
"This video has been removed by user."

Hmmmmmm....

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nick112
"This video has been removed by user."

Hmmmmmm....

I guess the posters realized it wasn't actually a 9/11 video. Good for them. ^^ It at least shows that they weren't actively trying to deceive and simply made a mistake.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

I guess the posters realized it wasn't actually a 9/11 video. Good for them. ^^ It at least shows that they weren't actively trying to deceive and simply made a mistake.

Or maybe should have done some research before posting such a video......

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by yyyyyyyyyy

seems like the bomb in the basement video has been removed but still lots of stuff just released, NIST Cumulus Video Database Released, some little seen footage of firemen talking seems to be the topic of the day. Sorry for wasting anyone's time, I'm sure we could make a conspiracy out of this but there are enough true conspiracies out there already, peace

top topics

join