It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rockefellers, the UN, The War of the Worlds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The broadcast was a psychological warfare experiment conducted by The Princeton Radio Project.

Orson Wells terrified all of America in 1938 with his Halloween radio play of War Of The Worlds. Even though he was well known for his radio theatre, people thought it was real and it caused national panic. They were already nervous with war about to break out. What convinced them was the way it was broadcast like a news report.
Orson Wells was all innocent at the time, but 20 years later he admitted it actually was done to scare people, because he didn't like the fact that people believed everything that came out of this 'new magic box' called the radio.

The premise was tested for credibility with the CBS presentation of The War Of The Worlds by Orson Welles and the Mercury Theatre on October 30, 1938. At 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, on the evening of October 30, 1938, the night before All Saints Day, now generally celebrated as Halloween, an estimated six million Americans listened to the famous Orson Welles broadcast, War Of The Worlds. The broadcast described an extraterrestrial invasion from Mars. An estimated one million sheople responded with sustained credulity and fear. Thousands responded with sheer panic.
The broadcast was a psychological warfare experiment conducted by The Princeton Radio Project. The Rockefeller Foundation funded the project in the fall of 1937. An Office of Radio Research was set up with Paul F. Lazarsfeld as director, and Frank Stanton and Hadley Cantril as associate directors. Cantril used a special grant from the General Education Board to study the effects of the broadcast. Cantril published the study as a book titled The Invasion From Mars - A Study In The Psychology Of Panic. It contains a complete script of the broadcast. The book is one of a series of studies sponsored by the Federal Radio Education Committee.

www.hourofthetime.com...

The plan to create an artificial extraterrestrial threat to the Earth was first mentioned by the Marxist, John Dewey.

"Some one remarked that the best way to unite all the nations on this globe would be an attack from some other planet. In the face of such an alien enemy, people would respond with a sense of their unity of interest and purpose." John Dewey, New York 1917.

THE UN AND THE ROCKEFELLER FOUNDATION:

www.youtube.com...

Something to think about? I don't know. You tell me!

edit on 3-10-2010 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I never knew that Oct. 31 was once All Saints Day. Something for me to look into.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyGirl

LOL Happy Halloween!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/602f6635b1a9.gif[/atsimg]

edit on 3-10-2010 by KIZZZY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

KIZZZY.....

Well.....

Do you think it worked?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Now Now my little Rodin you! You are after all representing the Avatar of the thinker....

and so with that being said it is your responsibility to answer this query! Don't be

so difficult!

edit on 3-10-2010 by KIZZZY because: facelift

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

KIZZZY.....

Well.....

I guess the measure of it is the number of people that believed it, the length of time for which they believed it, the voracity of that belief, etc...

I only know about in very general terms.

I shall have to read about it a little more.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 3-10-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Interesting find
S+F

I like the intent wells claimed to have, and honestly I'm not too concerned about the rocker feller funding or this particular experiment as it seems more of the standard of advertisers, propaganda & marketing psychology more than mind control, sure its a form of mind control, but a familiar one, and not that hard to break free from...

maybe if they had also tested subliminal technologies it might relate more to the threats of this day & age?

Mk projects on the other hand...do bother me...

You might enjoy a documentary series called "the century of self" its related to this kind of thing...

just my 2 cent

-B.M

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Thank you....I do have my beggars bowl out for anyone's two cents!

A little extra material.....Rockfellers seem to always have their hand
in the cookie jar eh?

www.eugenics-watch.com...

The Rockefeller Foundation helped found the German eugenics program and even funded the program that Josef Mengele worked in before he went to Auschwitz.
Much of the spiritual guidance and political agitation for the American eugenics movement came from California's quasi-autonomous eugenic societies, such as the Pasadena-based Human Betterment Foundation and the California branch of the American Eugenics Society, which coordinated much of their activity with the Eugenics Research Society in Long Island. These organizations--which functioned as part of a closely-knit network--published racist eugenic newsletters and pseudoscientific journals, such as Eugenical News and Eugenics, and propagandized for the Nazis

hnn.us...

Rockefeller - MKultra - Behind the Tavistock Institute and its brainchild, MK-Ultra, was the largest of the Rockefeller Foundation, "a global instrument for radical social change, using American money and British strategy." British psychiatry: from eugenics to assassination by Anton Chaitkin reveals John D. Rockefeller's interest in psychiatric genetics, which "applied to psychiatry the concepts of eugenics.

Rockefeller & Global Mind Control

Tavistock Institute: The Best Kept Secret in America - Rockefeller

nwoobserver.wordpress.com...

A single common denominator identifies the common Tavistock strategy—the use of drugs. The infamous MK Ultra program of the CIA, in which unsuspecting CIA officials were given '___', and their reaction studied like guinea pigs, resulted in several deaths. The U.S. Government had to pay millions in damages to the families of the victims, but the culprits were never indicted. The program originated when Sandoz AG, a Swiss drug firm, owned by S.G. Warburg Co. of London, developed Lysergic Acid. Roosevelts advisor, James Paul Warburg, son of Paul Warburg who wrote the Federal Reserve Act, and nephew of Max Warburg who had financed Hitler, set up the Institute fir Policy Studies to promote the drug. The result was the '___' counter-culture of the 1960s, the student revolution, which was financed by $25 million from the CIA.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by KIZZZY

[

The plan to create an artificial extraterrestrial threat to the Earth was first mentioned by the Marxist, John Dewey.

"Some one remarked that the best way to unite all the nations on this globe would be an attack from some other planet. In the face of such an alien enemy, people would respond with a sense of their unity of interest and purpose." John Dewey, New York 1917.

Great quote above,

Funny how Reagan, almost verbatim, quoted the same in an address to the UN, I believe? Most should be familiar with that one. 65 some years later that line of thinking was trotted out for the masses once again, due to political expediency? Goes to show how there is alot of practice heading right up to game time. When most of us can only afford to plan day to day or month to month, these other guys are developing 75 year plans where time and opposition doesn't matter, they just wait us out, as they constantly test the masses to see how far they can push their agenda. At least one should admire their patience, if there were anything admirable about it.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The Radio Project was a social research project funded by the Rockefeller Foundation to look into the effects of mass media on society.

In 1937, the Rockefeller Foundation started funding research to find the effects of new forms of mass media on society, especially radio. Several universities joined up and a headquarters was formed at the School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University. The following people were involved:

Paul Lazarsfeld - Director of the Radio Project
Theodor Adorno - Chief of the Music Division
Hadley Cantril - A psychologist at Princeton University's Department of Psychology
Gordon Allport - another of Lazarsfeld's assistants, went on to be the Tavistock Institute's leading representative in the United States.
Frank Stanton - Researcher from CBS sent to help the project, went on to become president of CBS.
Among the Project's first studies were soap operas, known as radio dramas at the time.

The Radio Project also researched the 1938 Halloween broadcast of The War of the Worlds. They found that of the estimated 6 million people who heard this broadcast, 25% thought it was real. Most of the people who panicked did not think that it was an invasion from Mars that was occurring, but rather an invasion by the Germans. It was later determined that because of the radio broadcasts from the Munich Crisis earlier in the year, the masses were prone to this.

A third research project was that of listening habits. Because of this, a new method was developed used to survey an audience - this was dubbed the Little Annie Project. The official name was the Stanton-Lazarsfeld Program Analyzer. This allowed one not only to find out if a listener liked the performance, but how they felt at any individual moment, through a dial which they would turn to express their preference (positive or negative). This has since become an essential tool in focus group research.

Theodor Adorno produced numerous reports on the effects of "atomized listening" which radio supported and of which he was highly critical. However, because of profound methodological disagreements with Lazarsfeld over the use of techniques like listener surveys and "Little Annie" (Adorno thought both grossly simplified and ignored the degree to which expressed tastes were the result of commercial marketing), Adorno left the project in 1941.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.chesler.us...

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DirtyGirl
I never knew that Oct. 31 was once All Saints Day. Something for me to look into.

Same here. Never heard nothing like that.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mimroro

Originally posted by DirtyGirl

Same here. Never heard nothing like that.

It's not. The 1st of November is All Saint's Day. The night before of All Saint's Day is All Hallow's Eve or Hallowmas. Later Halloween.

See, 12 years of Catholic school finally paid off!

edit on 3/10/10 by 35Foxtrot because: spelling

edit on 3/10/10 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

By the 800s, the influence of Christianity had spread into Celtic lands. In the seventh century, Pope Boniface IV designated November 1 All Saints' Day, a time to honor saints and martyrs. It is widely believed today that the pope was attempting to replace the Celtic festival of the dead with a related, but church-sanctioned holiday. The celebration was also called All-hallows or All-hallowmas (from Middle English Alholowmesse meaning All Saints' Day) and the night before it, the night of Samhain, began to be called All-hallows Eve and, eventually, Halloween. Even later, in A.D. 1000, the church would make November 2 All Souls' Day, a day to honor the dead. It was celebrated similarly to Samhain, with big bonfires, parades, and dressing up in costumes as saints, angels, and devils. Together, the three celebrations, the eve of All Saints', All Saints', and All Souls', were called Hallowmas.

Here is a link to the history should you have the inclination or desire to look further.

www.history.com...

This thread is not about Halloween. Thank you!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
"We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subjected to the lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries." -- David Rockefeller

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Well you know, with all the talk about the supposed October 13th Mass UFO sightings, this is exactly the thing we need to think about. I mean, if something does happen, it shouldn't be the end of the discussion, we should ask Why and Who?

A man showing up in a plane doesn't make him a bird, anymore then a man showing up in a flying saucer makes him a alien.

top topics

join