It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breast Cancer tumor or nothing to worry about?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hi,

i'm not sure what this is but my right boob hurts, only in one spot, I can't tell if it's lumpy because boobs are naturally lumpy, if it was a tumor wouldn't your nipple be pussy? which it isn't, but I don't know what to make of it, my appointment is on the 8th, but i'm curious and worried at the same time...

any doctors in the house?

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hi TrueLies,

You're right to get checked out. It could be anything.

Here's some questions for you to ask yourself. How long have you had it? Is it more obvious at certain times of the month? Is it in the same place all the time?

This is the reason we are now taught to be "breast aware" rather than just examining ourselves once a month. By knowing our own bodies we can easily notice any changes.

To answer your question- no, you don't necessarily get a discharge with cancer, though if you had one, or if your nipple is inverted or mis-shappen, that could possibly, but not always, be a indication of something more serious.

Please don't panic too much. I know its not easy (I've been in a similar situation). Even if you have a lump, the greatest majority are benign. If the worse should happen, breast cancer is now one of the most treatable.

Here are a couple of links.

hcd2.bupa.co.uk...
www.emedicinehealth.com...

It must seem like a long time until your appointment. Please u2u if you want someone to talk to.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
hey hun

ok...i want u to feel around ur aeroel ok *dark part*

then slowly spread out and then press harder where u sore part out.

1: is it very tender?
2: is it swollen or a visable mark?
3: any history or BC?

If ur really worried go and get an emergency appointment at the docs ok

please dont panic...sounds like a cyst or ingrown hair ok...if anything appears over next 2 days let me know and i will help the best i can ok

so far...if puttin pressure on it hurts....add a dry dressin over the spot under ur bra ok

stay safe and dont panic

gryff

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Thanks so much for your posts.

The lump isn't big it's small like the size of those 10 cent rainbow gumballs, if not smaller.

You wouldn't be able to tell unless you pressed pretty hard, I think it only gets like this when it comes close to my aunt flow visiting, but why wouldn't other hurt like that?

Anyway i'll check out those links, and I appreciate it very much you guys.
Thanks again.
God bless.

TL

top topics

join