It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do militant Skeptics spend time at ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Seems that approximately 90% of the reply posts that I have seen here on ATS - are coming from very hostile Skeptics and debunkers. It doesn't even seem to matter what the subject content is. And oft times, it repeatedly comes from the same pack of hooligans - attacking like jackals.

I will pose the question again. If it all such crap to you - why waste your time at such a site?? Are you the self-appointed Vanguards of the woefully un-educated paradigms of the easily-led?

Really, what is it that you gain from being such a destructive force - amongst people that are simply exploring / developing alternative theories? Regardless; who died and made you 'the last word' on anything? What are your true credentials?

If you don't believe in something - fine. Make your point - hack it up - and move on to your next target of insult. But this 'over and over and over again' crap is simply inexcusable. Ultimately, I blame the MODS. You should all resign - and get some folks in here that will protect against repeated attacks against unconventional ideas, or idealism.

If not - Conceed to your true nature!

'Free Speech' also implies limiting the oppression quotes.

And if we spout back at Cons - we are then flagged with etiquette policy notifications - or often - it is the OP that gets their materials removed. Quite biased, I must say. And it is a tactic - a strategy used by some here - that have nothing better to do that to assault other's 'think tank' threads. And the website doesn't seem to see through this behaviour.

There are quite a number of beliefs posted here at ATS that I don't personally subscribe to: But I also do not fill 10 pages of retro-posts: pummelling their submissions. That is simply the M.O. of school yard bullies. It reminds me of a goal tender in a hockey game. It smacks of fear.

And I am quite certain that it stops many from coming back to ATS. Something that management should be more concerned about ; but it seems not to be the case. If a subject seems unreasonable; it is most often labeled as 'Proven Hoax' - or 'Officially Debunked.'

And what does 'Officially Debunked' mean, anyway? It is simply, merely general consensus. It is 'proof' of nothing - short of pomp and circumstance. It is decided by the programmer that possesses the most powerful editing tool. Again I say; However well educated: Opinion is not tantamount to 'proof.'

If they truly were such experts - they'd be teaching at MIT - or some damn place. If anyone here truly 'had the goods' to the question of the existence of UFO's - they'd be instructing Stephen Hawking.

Until the censoring MODS close this thread down: ( which they soon will ) I hope the jerks read this - and spew more vile. You only prove my point.

And if this type of behavior is all-so-acceptable; why doesn't ATS rename themselves 'the Skeptic's Corner.'??

It would be a more of an honest approach, would it not? Then you could all gloat over your self-appointed perception of your supreme intellects.

So much of the behaviour that I continuously see here is absolutely shameful. And - the mods just let it continue . I think taking this approach also represents the website's true stance. So be honest, and come forth. I think that such people are gutless - and hide behind the safety of their computer modems.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnbro

Johnbro.....

Before we start, may I clarify something? (many thanks)

Is this a "skeptics vs believers" thread?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Ok where do we start...?

Ah here we go, how about a list of previous misguided anti skeptic topics for your perusal?

Are Debunkers and Skeptic's Really UFologists Or Do They Have An Agenda?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Skeptics & Debunkers must be Misinformation Agents. What other explanation exists?

Are most skeptics simply people who haven't researched Ufology much?

The skeptics will never be convinced - no matter what! ( not a hate thread
)

Most U.F.O. skeptics are not open to the evidence

UFO skeptics don't use reason

I'm pretty tired of skeptics who are unable to think outside the box.

Skeptics... [sigh]

That should do it for now I think.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

This is a thread about the tactics of the die hard skeptics. I agree with the op. While I don't get involved in the pointless squabbles I can see the aggressiveness in the tone of their posts. Sometimes they even purposely try to make believers angry. They don't try to debunk ideas they try to debunk individuals.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Chadwickus.....

The op writes.....

I hope the jerks read this

That would be me, I guess!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
They're bored maybe.

And they know if they say something stupid and outlandish, people will reply, and then they finally have someone to talk to, doesn't matter they're being slandered or their intelligence is being insulted, as long as they are communicating, it's all good times

Just my opinion.

But I'd disagree with 90%. Much less than that. Most people come here and are a debunker of 9/11 but a believer in UFOs, or something like that. So... catch 22 in a way.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Seems some people need a gentle reminder:

The simple yet effective motto of our membership is "deny ignorance", which signifies an effort to apply the principals of critical thought and peer review to the provocative topics covered within. More than a slogan, our members have embraced the motto as our collective cultural standard, demanding all to aspire to a higher standard. These simple two words have galvanized a broad membership that spans the spectrum from highly speculative conspiracy writers to staunch doubters. The result is a unique collaboration of diverse individuals rallying under this simple statement to learn from each other, discover new truths, and imagine new ideas that expand our minds.

link   
reply to post by Johnbro

Johnbro.....

Have you ever read the ATS "Credo"?

Here it is:

ATS Credo:

The simple yet effective motto of our membership is "deny ignorance", which signifies an effort to apply the principals of critical thought and peer review to the provocative topics covered within. More than a slogan, our members have embraced the motto as our collective cultural standard, demanding all to aspire to a higher standard. These simple two words have galvanized a broad membership that spans the spectrum from highly speculative conspiracy writers to staunch doubters. The result is a unique collaboration of diverse individuals rallying under this simple statement to learn from each other, discover new truths, and imagine new ideas that expand our minds.

This motto has life. It has purpose. It demands ATS members to think.

It is a state of mind.

It is a sense of purpose.

It is a statement against the paradigm.

It is a rage against the mindless status-quo.

The idea of "deny ignorance" isn't a goal that ATS hopes to accomplish. Instead, it's a challenge. A call to all those who come here to aspire to a higher state of awareness through informed discussion and debate.

Deny ignorance is what we do.

It's how we think. It's how we talk. It's how we listen.

Ignorance is the social disease of history. Is the evil that men do, the reason history repeats, and the cause of intolerance.

We deny it. it's not welcome here. Within these boundaries, it has no strength.

Here, ignorance is denied.

Can you yet see where you need to re-think your approach to all of this?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

link   
damn dirty skeptics, always bringing facts and verifiable information to the threads.
grrrrrr I hate them so much!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I can only say I honestly don't know. One thing I do know is that they won't answer your questions. I have asked a couple of the die-hards this same simple question - and have yet to receive a reply, but they are still on the threads, jakalling away as ever.

Obviously, I could speculate...but I don't think there's much point.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Please add comments to one of the zillions of skeptics/believers threads already in existance.

-ATS Search Results-

Closed.

top topics

join