It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy firms to quit Iran to comply with US sanctions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Energy firms to quit Iran to comply with US sanctions

www.bbc.co.uk

Four major energy companies are pulling out of Iran in order to comply with US sanctions, the state department says.

Royal Dutch Shell, Total, Statoil and Italy ENI will now avoid US penalties targeting companies which do business with Iran.

Naftiran Intertrade Co, based in Switzerland, will face new sanctions .

The US has tightened sanctions on Iran over concerns about its nuclear ambitions, which Washington fears are aimed at acquiring atomic weapons.

Tehran insists its nuclear programme is for purely peaceful purposes
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
seems like the oil companies got a heads up the the S is En-route to Iran.

"People are increasingly reaching the conclusion that it's simply not worth it to engage in activities with Iran," Deputy US Secretary of State James Steinberg was quoted as saying by Reuters news agency.

sounds like a global warning, I wonder if russia will leave Iran hanging if these sanctions keep getting worse?

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Thanks for posting real information...this is far more useful than the alleged alien words of enlightenment crap thats on here...well done

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
surely there has to be a way that iran can prove what they are doing..invite some un officals in there to monitor their work, unfettered access, etc.

There will be no pre-emptive strike...if nato invades another country and comes up empty handed again, heads will roll. Already I cannot believe that people haven't been convicted of jack for the Iraq nonsense

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by -W1LL

Thanks for posting real information...this is far more useful than the alleged alien words of enlightenment crap thats on here...well done

LOL I know what you mean, youre welcome!!

Originally posted by SaturnFX
surely there has to be a way that iran can prove what they are doing..invite some un officals in there to monitor their work, unfettered access, etc.

There will be no pre-emptive strike...if nato invades another country and comes up empty handed again, heads will roll. Already I cannot believe that people haven't been convicted of jack for the Iraq nonsense

I read about a month ago that Iran had inspectors there for the last 4-6 months and that in the last 2 months they UN inspectors left saying they didnt have all the access they wanted but saw no signs of manufacturing or refining for nuclear weaponry.

I think the pre-emptive strike could possibly be this Virus that they are dealing with seems to be a strange coincidence. I have a feeling we are going to provoke Iran to attack israel through these sanctions and other BS of the UN, a retaliation by US would then follow with an invasion of Iran,

I also cannot imagine why there are no investigations or anything to justify the initial invasion of Iraq, TPTB are getting more blatant with their plans or maybe its hubris, or maybe their system is falling apart and they are turning up the heat?! its a shame to think but the way things are going the only way I see a recovery happening is if we do away with all fake paper money and the establishments that control money will follow.

top topics

join