It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor Archive: Interview with a time traveler (page 15 of 19)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Span.TitorUnk [FONT-SIZE: 11px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #7cfc00;] Span.TitorA [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #cc0000; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorB [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #000099; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorPF [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #009900; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorPP [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #800080; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorD [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #000099; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorE [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #606060; font-weight: bold;] Span.IntvwQuote [FONT-SIZE: 11px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: ; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-STYLE: italic;] The ATS John Titor Project Page 15 of 19 pg.1  pg.2  pg.3  pg.4  pg.5  pg.6  pg.7  pg.8  pg.9  pg.10  pg.11  pg.12  pg.13  pg.14  pg.15  pg.16  pg.17  pg.18  pg.19  images  02/25/2001 08:00 am (about the future) 538 ((2) Have the people of your time proved the "worldline theory?" If they have, is there any information you can share with is that proves it?)) The Many Worlds theory seems to wrap up very nicely into current string theory. Unfortunately, we have not solved string theory yet either but (n-10) seems to be the best working model we have in 2036. As you are probably aware, the �big equation� does not need the final solution in order to take advantage of the smaller parts that do work in the real world. 02/25/2001 08:00 am (about time travel) 539 ((3) Ever hear the story of Oedipus? To make a long sotry short, after being told he will kill his father and marry his mother he moves far away. On the road he accidentally killed his father and ended up marrying his mother. Thus, the prophecy is what caused him to fulfill it. You say you don't want to effect anything too much by giving out information, but you could drastically change this worldline just by talking about the war, or anything for that matter.?)) I see your point but do you think Oedipus would not have taken those actions if he didn�t know the prophecy? I don�t believe that knowing a possible future makes it happen. You are capable of changing your worldline for the better right now. None of the things I have said will be a surprise. They were set in motion ten, twenty, even thirty years ago. Are you really surprised to find out that Iraq has nukes now or is that just BS to whip everyone up into accepting the next war? 02/25/2001 03:54 pm (about the future) 540 ((John Titor ,i posted to you before and would like to let you know that i would love to come along for the ride to the future if you need a sidekick,i am able to fly hot air balloons,a good shot,physically strong and quick,smart on my feet in case a odd event occurs and I would not mind leaving this time to go to yours.?)) I appreciate the offer but I�m not sure you would like the year 2036. 02/25/2001 03:54 pm (about the future) 541 ((There have been many movements in music...rock, disco, and hip hop are some of them. Though most people probably can't rifle out names of musical groups from 35 years ago, they probably would have a basic awareness of what musical influences prevailed at the time. So my question is...what is the NEXT big movement in music that will take place here in the US, specifically?)) I appreciate your frustration and quite a few people have asked me questions like this. The expected answer is that I don�t want to break my personal code of �time travel ethics�. The real answer is, I just don�t know. I was not prepared for the year 2001, I was prepared for 1975. I don�t suppose it would be very impressive if I told you Disco would be big until 1980. 02/25/2001 03:54 pm (about time travel) 542 ((Am I getting this right? You load up all the people who want to go with you in the back of your Chevy picup�?))((�drive kfrom Florida to Minnesota. Sell that truck in Minnesota, buy another truck older than 1975�) ((�load everyone back in that truck, drive back to Florida and then depart back to the future. Sounds like it will be quite a sight to behold. If you can, swing by Ohio and give me a honk. Your welcome to stay at my place. ?)) Thanks. One thing I do find interesting about time travel tech is the expectation that we can pretty much go anywhere at anytime. These systems are quite complicated and they do have limitations. Are you going to be around in 1975? 02/26/2001 03:39 pm (about the future) 543 ((Many people asking about the dangers of the war are asking about cities being nuked. During school today I was thinking about this, and nuclear warfare doesn't seem to be the biggest form of fighting in the future.?)) Nuclear war will be very effective at destroying an enemy�s economy and the people's will to fight. 02/26/2001 03:39 pm (about the future) 544 ((Other than the small countries, I doubt nuclear warheads are going to be shot from each end of the globe.?)) I would caution against that. That�s exactly what �they� want you to think while they continue to develop smaller and more accurate MIRV�s. Have you ever seen a neutron bomb the size of a basketball? 02/26/2001 03:39 pm (about the future) 545 (( John, you say one of the hardest things to do in 2036 is find clean water. You also say you only trust food you've grown. Is any of this a result of your experiences with biological warfare? Is biological warfare a major threat in this war you speak of?)) Yes and no. Yes, biological warfare and accidents do cause a great deal of problems but the lack of a working infrastructure also hinders the continuation of the food manufacturing you depend on now. 02/26/2001 03:39 pm (right now) 546 ((My mention of Joseph Campbell was a rebuttal to someone who claimed that your General story was un-original. In fact the most likely leader of a movement like the one you describe would most likely be a Farmer since being a Farmer would provide much of the scenario required.?)) Throughout history, farmers have often been a target of oppression because they are absolutely necessary to civilization but too busy to defend themselves. If you push a farmer too far, they stop growing food and have nothing to do but hide in the woods and shoot back. 02/26/2001 03:39 pm (past predictions) 547 ((My asking you if the mention of CERN going on-line and discovering this and that, was a prediction was a genuine question completely un-related to "making a Buck". I wondered if it was just a hint you were giving as to something that could be verified after the fact with little chance of you mentioning it having an effect on it.?)) Please do not be offended by my �making a buck� remark. I say it with a wink to help other people form their questions. Yes, some very interesting things will be going on at CERN in the near future. 02/26/2001 03:39 pm (about the future) 548 ((What 82 page book written in England in 1884 is required reading for all physics students? I admit it's possible you may not know in 2036, but highly unlikely. The same reason that makes it so important for physics students would make it just as important to understanding Time travel. Secondly why is this little book so important. If he doesn't know this it lends more circumstantial evidence to your side. But he could ask someone and then how do you prove that?)) Well, I�m pretty sure it�s not the Principia and it looks more like something to do with Maxwell but to make your point, I did find this. www.livingarchive.uk.com... Just about anything can be looked up. 02/26/2001 09:07 pm (about time travel) 549 ((IS your sense of "timing" off, in new time environments? I've heard people who have "out-of-body-experiences" find that it sometimes takes a day or two to regain a sense of normalcy in their minute interactions with the physical world.?)) No, my timing isn't off. I do however find myself stoping in mid-stride and paying extra attention to my environment when I forget "when" I am. When I was a child, my mother would tell me stories about angels. She told me that angels found it hard to communicate with man because man could remember his past but couldn�t see the future. Angels, acting as the eyes and servants of God, had no memory of the past but had infinite knowledge of the future. Although I am no angel, I often thought about that story after I left 2036. Besides that, I do get a lot of colds. 02/26/2001 09:07 pm (about the future) 550 ((John - You were born about halfway into this cycle. BTW, GenXers would be about 40-50 years old in 2036. How they doin'? Were they pretty resourceful scrappers?(Fighters/Survivors?)) In my opinion, the Gen Xr�s ended up in two categories. There were the ones who had learned to be independent by breaking away from tradition and societies expectations and the others who had no idea how to take care of themselves and just wanted the trains to run on time. The ones in the first group feel very guilty about "letting" the world go to Hell and the ones in the second group are dead. 02/27/2001 05:25 pm (about the future) 551 ((You say you were in the militia fighting the US Army. I would think that civilians would have a snowballs chance in hell of successfully fighting the military.?)) You must realize that why people are fighting is more important that what they are fighting with. The conflict was not about taking and holding ground it was about order and rights. They were betting that people wanted security instead of freedom and they were wrong. 02/27/2001 05:25 pm (about the future) 552 ((What does this look like? Is it a stalemate with the resistance/militia hiding out until the cities are wiped out allowing them to surface?)) The cities were not isolated because of them; they were isolated because of us. 02/27/2001 05:25 pm (about the future) 553 ((You site the approximate number of cities and military bases intact before the nuclear attack. Are they ALL hit?)) Nuclear weapons and guidance systems are less than perfect. Most targets receive more than one warhead but some of them were more accurate than others. I would estimate the overall accuracy was around 60 to 70 percent. 02/27/2001 05:25 pm (safety, suggestions, assorted philosophy) 554 ((Three days walk from where? The nearest city? Again, though, what population makes a city a city and not a town?)) In my experience, a motivated starving person is only capable of walking about three days. The more distance you put between yourself and anyone who is likey to be hungry, the better. 02/27/2001 05:25 pm (about the future) 555 ((Does any one or any group stay neutral during all of these years of fighting?)) Some try to. 02/27/2001 05:25 pm (about the future) 556 ((Does anyone just lead a reasonably normal life during the civil war?)) No. 02/27/2001 05:25 pm (predictions for the future) 557 ((You say the civil war lasts from 2004 to 2008 and then the short big one in 2015. What do the years from 2008 to 2015 look like? How long does WWIII last.?)) I�m not sure I said that exactly. By 2008, I would say the civil conflict is pretty much at everyone�s doorstep. Western instability during the conflict leads to the attack in 2015. WWIII is very short with a longer period of mop up. 02/27/2001 05:25 pm (predictions for the future) 558 ((You mention the nature of Canadians but I don't think you mentioned the impact of all of this on that country. Would you?)) There�s not a great deal I know about Canada except to say they were pretty much in the same type of conflict. They did have the Dew Line you know. 02/27/2001 05:25 pm (about the future) 559 ((Oh yeah, one more thing that is rather haunting is your allusion to the position of women as being controversial and conservative in 2036. Yikes! What is that supposed to mean?)) It certainly isn�t disrespectful. I apologize if it sounded that way. It�s one of those areas I realize will be difficult to discuss because we may lack similar experiences. In 2036, there is not a desire to �have it all�. With factors such as the difficulty in conceiving and the decentralization of production and industry, there is not an unrealistic scramble to have a �career� and a family. Out of necessity and circumstance, family life has become more traditional. However, there are many families where the wife / mother is the main breadwinner and the husband / father remains �home� with the family. The difference is in the method of decision-making. People do not have children (if they are able) unless they can devote the required resources to maintain it.

join