It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Legal Immigration is Important and Illegals Should Leave, Easily Explained

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
www.castanet.net...

This letter came to our local news site here in BC, Canada, but it is equally relevant to the United States
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently, large demonstrations have taken place across the country protesting the fact that parliament is finally addressing the issue of illegal immigration. Certain people are angry that Canada might actually want to protect its own borders, might make it harder to sneak into this country and, once here, make it harder (as an illegal immigrant) to stay indefinitely.

Let me see if I correctly understand the thinking behind these protests. Let's say I break into your house. Then, when you discover me in your house, you insist that I leave.

But I say, 'I've made all the beds and washed the dishes and done the laundry and swept the floors I've done all the things you don't like to do. I'm hard-working and honest (except for when I broke into your house).
According to the protesters, not only must you let me stay, you must add me to your family's insurance plan, educate my kids, and provide other benefits to me and to my family (my husband will do your yard work) because he too is hard-working and honest, except for that breaking-in part.

If you try to call the police or force me out, I will call my friends who will picket your house carrying signs that proclaim my illegal right to be there. It's only fair, after all, because you have a nicer house than I do, and I'm just trying to better myself. I'm hard-working and honest, um, except for well, you know.

And what a deal it is for me! I live in your house, contributing only a fraction of the cost of my keep, and there is nothing you can do about it without being accused of selfishness, prejudice and being an anti-housebreaker. Oh yeah, and I want you to learn my language so you can communicate with me! English is too hard for me to learn. You should also allow me to vote - in my own language, since I live in your house!

Why can't people see how ridiculous this is? Only in Canada, eh?

It explains why it is so important to get rid of illegal immigrants (in both Canada - where our problem isn't NEARLY as large as the USA) and in the USA as well.

edit on 30-9-2010 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Here's a thread that you would be interested in then. Tell me what you think! You should be interested in this information.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Yup, that one's a good thread too. I've always said that illegal immigrants should be treated EXACTLY the same as the illegal immigrants in their own countries. The UN should pass a law to this effect. IE, Mexican illegal immigrants in the USA would get exactly the same treatment and rights that the Mexican Government gives to it's own illegal immigrants, USA illegals living in Mexico would have to be given exactly the same rights that illegals living inside the USA get.

I have no issue with LEGAL immigration - I am a LEGAL immigrant to Canada, have fully integrated into Canadian society, I correct people when they call me "English", as I am a Canadian Citizen and have now lived in Canada longer than I lived in England. I haven't given up my English birthright, but do not impose my Englishness on others. If people ask me my nationality, I'm CANADIAN, not "ENGLISH-CANADIAN". Even when I go to England, I present myself as CANADIAN and take enough Canadian T-shirts and Sweaters with me to proclaim this fact, so I'm not mistaken for an Englishman

However, for a country with the strictest immigrant / citizenship law, you need to check out and research Switzerland.

They recently passed (I think a year or two ago) a referendum, denying citizenship to GRANDCHILDREN of LEGAL immigrants. IE - after 3 generations of living in Switzerland, LEGAL immigrants STILL cannot get citizenship. I'd love to see how THEY treat illegals.

Now, I think that's a little harsh.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

I'd love to see how THEY treat illegals

Ruthlessly. Then again they don't need lots of cheap labour to make profits for corporations that have their hands in the pockets of all their politicians.

Legal immigration into the United States= wealthy & white. Movie stars, ball players and tycoons are also most welcome to go through the confabulated, expensive, process which is legal immigration into the United States.

Illegal immigration into the United States = poor, ethnic, labourers who will happily work for the corporations at a much cheaper rate then Americans.

Since corporations have so much influence on your country's politics what do you think the chances are that legal immigration will ever be made accessible to the the laboured?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
American greed is easily portrayed through our immigration laws. Illegals are the backbone of hard labor in America yet we reserve the right to kick them out whenever we please. Perhaps if legal immigration was feasible for the poor then they could come here and have a contributing voice towards our future. We are approaching a time where we could use all the help we can get from a collective view through many different perspectives. Just because a group of people has been deemed "uneducated" does not mean that they do not have the potential for greatness, they just don't have the rights.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodcause
American greed is easily portrayed through our immigration laws. Illegals are the backbone of hard labor in America yet we reserve the right to kick them out whenever we please. Perhaps if legal immigration was feasible for the poor then they could come here and have a contributing voice towards our future. We are approaching a time where we could use all the help we can get from a collective view through many different perspectives. Just because a group of people has been deemed "uneducated" does not mean that they do not have the potential for greatness, they just don't have the rights.

Illegal immigrants have no rights, period. They based their life in the country they emmigrated to on a lie, and that lie has perpetuated in their lives. Why should they get rights?

Just because they're hard working (and only a small percentage are) why should this give them rights?

It IS possible for poor people to emmigrate. I came to Canada legally with only a couple hundred dollars in my pocket, without a job prospect, or knowing anyone (although I did know what to expect when I came here). Mexicans usually pay a LOT more than that to illegal immigrant smugglers to bring them across the border, they are hardly "poor Mexicans" and they know what sort of life, pay, and conditions they can expect in the USA.

They left behind their life in Mexico KNOWING what they were facing, time to send them back to what must be the hell that they call home, if they were still willing to leave to escape it to face those terrible conditions in the USA.

Send all illegal immigrants back to where they came from. If you do this as they get caught, it won't have much of an impact on the economy as thousands cross the border each day. There should be NO path to citizenship though for illegals. If the military has gotten to the point where they are recruiting illegals to fight their wars, they should be treated the same way as every other organization that hires illegal immigrants. If Americans can't fight their own wars, then they shouldn't be starting them.

new topics

top topics

join