It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor Archive: Interview with a time traveler (page 4 of 19)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Span.TitorUnk [FONT-SIZE: 11px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #7cfc00;] Span.TitorA [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #cc0000; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorB [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #000099; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorPF [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #009900; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorPP [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #800080; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorD [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #000099; font-weight: bold;] Span.TitorE [FONT-SIZE: 10px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: #606060; font-weight: bold;] Span.IntvwQuote [FONT-SIZE: 11px; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; color: ; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-STYLE: italic;] The ATS John Titor Project Page 4 of 19 pg.1  pg.2  pg.3  pg.4  pg.5  pg.6  pg.7  pg.8  pg.9  pg.10  pg.11  pg.12  pg.13  pg.14  pg.15  pg.16  pg.17  pg.18  pg.19  images  06 December 2000 21:36 (about time travel) 116 (If a group of people were to travel forward in time to avoid a situation, would they be still be able to live in relative peace? Or would they be looked down on for that? Should they just keep that a secret to make things easier?) From a physical standpoint, I suppose that would work if you were trying to escape a natural disaster. But you must consider that trying to �escape� by time traveling has it�s own problems. I�m not exactly sure what you mean by being looked down on. 06 December 2000 21:36 (about the future) 117 (I have been reading that around 2011 there is some new world order-type government in place...TT0,can u verify?) On my world line in 2011, the United States is in the middle of a civil war that has dramatic effects on most of the other Western governments. 06 December 2000 21:36 (predictions for the future) 118 (Also,a while back(page 2 of the posts) you said something was wrong with UNIX in your time...what is wrong?) Yes�and with your�s too. I have to believe there must be a UNIX expert out there someplace that can confirm that. I�m not exactly sure what the technical issue is but I believe some sort of UNIX system registry stops in 2038. 06 December 2000 21:36 (predictions for the future) 119 (Does the events happening in the Middle east concerning the Arabs and Jews have anything to do with the coming war? ) Yes. 06 December 2000 21:36 (right now) 120 (I mean to say that since the jewish population seems to have quite considerable power now in 2000�) I�m not sure what power you are referring to. 06 December 2000 21:36 (about time travel) 121 (What do you cool the singularity with?) Very highly technical, cooling stuff. [sorry, I don�t get much of a chance to be a wise guy ] 06 December 2000 21:36 (about the future) 122 (How much more advanced are the computer hardware and software systems in the future? ) Good question! I would say the biggest difference is in the reliability of the hardware and software. It absolutely amazes me how willing people are here to accept computer and software failures on such a regular basis. I was very surprised to see how prolific it is. You can look forward to very stringent manufacturing parameters and programming discipline. Think back to the early days of the computer and how much work and cleverness it took to fit those programs into such small areas of memory. Has more and cheaper memory brought better programs or just more programs? 06 December 2000 21:36 (about the future) 123 As far as technical specifics, I�m afraid I can not go into too much detail. However, I will tell you that processor speed and memory size take dramatic leaps forward. 06 December 2000 21:36 (about time travel) 124 (if one found a method to pryapart a magnetic field would this result in a containable release of energy. Would the energy channeled through the tear be in the form of a tachyon field with the forward edge of the tachyon field at a velocity of light. Would the internal tachyons within the tachyon field have a velocity greater then light even though existing in the present subluminal time frame? inquisitively.) Hmmm� I afraid my notebook on Maxwell�s equations isn�t with me and I must say again that I am not a physist. As far as tachyons goes, it�s my understanding that they can not exist at all unless they are created and �traveling� faster than light. As far as time travel goes, I�m afraid tachyons are mearly useful for describing various quirky effects of strange matter. 10 December 2000 11:00 (about time travel) 125 1. If your machine is capable of traveling back through time from future earth to now, I wonder how your vehicle landed on this earth at all? You obviously know that this earth and your earth do not occupy the same quadrant of space�. You would also need a life support system to sustain you until you were within earth�s atmosphere� and lastly the avoidance of man made structures�) This is actually a very good question that parts and pieces of the answer are scattered around in previous postings. I am often surprised that it is not the first one asked. You are correct, this problem is actually the most difficult part of time travel. Although some of your assumptions about matter displacement are a bit off, the problem is real. Inside the displacement unit are a series of very sensitive clocks and gravity sensors. This system is called the VGL (variable gravity lock). In simple terms, before the unit �leaves� a world line, it takes a base reading of the local gravity and adjusts the Tipler sinusoid to �lock� into that position. Although the tmporal physics of this statment are wrong, in effect, it holds you to the �Earth�. During travel, it periodically checks to see that the field has not varied. If it does, it stops and reverses course or drops out at that point. Buildings and other terrain features are avoided in the same way. Yes, we do bring oxygen in the vehicle with us but we do not lose atmospheric pressure. 0 December 2000 11:00 (about time travel) 126 (Einstein�s Theory of Relativity would dictate that even if you left in such a machine for two minutes, this time would continue to advance and this world would still move through space and rotate.) Yes that is correct. 10 December 2000 11:00 (about time travel) 127 (Therefore a time machine would NOT appear to stand still but rather would (depending upon the time interval) appear to suddenly defy gravity as it disappeared and then, free of the gravitational momentum, would reappear in near or far space.) Please see VGL system above. Also, please be aware that from the viewpoint of the time traveler, the displacement unit actually left and then returned. The viewer does not experience this. Think of it as a Gosub statement in a computer program. 10 December 2000 11:32 (about the future) 128 1. what type of money system do you have on your world line? meaning how do you buy and sell things? Do you have the same type of money or do we have a cashless society? such as smart cards, credit cards or ID biochips. Its not very different than it is now. Yes, we have money and credit cards. However, like everything else, the monetary system is decentralized. Banking is based mostly around the community structure. There are no multinational banking or computerized economic systems. There are also no income taxes. 10 December 2000 11:32 (about the future) 129 2. do you still use radio transponders to ID your cattle and other farm animals? Some of the larger farm communities use electronic markers and fences. I am not a farmer so I don't have very many details about that. 10 December 2000 11:32 (about the future) 130 3.Is the Global Positioning Satellite system still in place around the Earth? Oh yes! In fact, the unit I have with me works here. I'm not sure why that surprises me. There are also a great many communications and internet satellite systems. 10 December 2000 11:32 (about the future) 131 4.Do you still have the American Flag as your flag? does it look different or is there a new flag? Yes, we still have the flag. There is a debate about changing it from 50 stars to 5. 10 December 2000 11:32 (about the future) 132 5.Is there some states or areas that have new names ? is there a NewDenver, Kansas by any chance? Not that I can think of... No major cities anyway. I am aware that some smaller towns changed their names after the war and most universities have the word "fort" before them on my world line. 10 December 2000 11:32 (about time travel) 133 6. How many weeks of training is required before you timetravel? to what extent does the training involve? Are you able to make basic emergency repairs to the unit? I started training on the recommendation of my PS officer when I got out of school in 34. I graduated in March of 35. Actual hands on training started soon after that and I left 2036 in April. 10 December 2000 11:32 (about time travel) 134 No, there are not very many repairs I can make to the unit. The unit is built very well but the tolerances are very small. I could probably repair the electrical systems and it will accept inputs from older computers. 10 December 2000 11:32 (about time travel) 135 7.Are you able to fish or are the waters polluted from fallout from the war? Yes, we can fish. There are some areas that are still too dangerous to spend a lot of time in so we can't fish in those areas. 10 December 2000 11:32 (about time travel) 136 8.Are you aware of any time travelers from our time or other world lines that have entered your world line? Have you spoke to any of them? No I am not aware. But I accept the possibility. 10 December 2000 11:32 (about time travel) 137 9.What type of public transportation is used to get around in your cities? A high speed train system connects the larger cities. Roads are still used for cars and many people ride horses and bikes. 10 December 2000 11:32 (about the future) 138 10. What things do you think you will take back with you from this time? Books! I'm also taking copies of family photos that were lost during the war. 10 December 2000 11:32 (about the future) 139 16.does the cure for cancer have any thing to do with genetics? Again...I'm no expert. I believe there is a great deal of progress in treating the cancer cells with modified viruses. So I guess the answer is yes. 10 December 2000 11:32 (about the future) 140 17.Do you have an increase in tornados and earthquakes than what we have now? is the average temperature in Florida in your time about the same as it is here? or is it different? That's one area I've decided not to talk about...sorry. The average temperature worldwide is a bit cooler. 10 December 2000 11:32 (about time travel) 141 18. are any of the other 7 time travelers with you in this world line or are you by yourself? No. They are off doing something else I'm sure. 10 December 2000 11:32 (about time travel) 142 19. are there time travel web sites in the future? does this one still exist? Time travel is a major point of social discussion. I'll have to check when I get back. Most of the larger servers that were in the major cities were lost or destroyed. I'll try to bring a copy back with me. Perhaps you can check that in your 2036. 13 December 2000 12:4 (right now) 143 I get my email remotely through about three different systems and I use one of your hand-held computer units to write with. 13 December 2000 12:4 (right now) 144 One of the reasons I have been communicating this way is so that others that do not post who I have directed here can see some of the information I have shared with you. 13 December 2000 12:44 (about time travel) 145 (You speak of 1 & 2 % "divergence" as being unimportant. I don't get it. Like for example if OUR IBM5100 is 1% different than the code you have to run on it, it ain't gonna work right. One percent in the FL vote count would be important. If I could see only 99% of the cars on the road it would be important to me. So, what exactly is X% divergent, and why is it not a major problem?) The divergence measurement refers to the local gravitational field as compared to the point of origin. It is mearly an empirical indicator of overall change in a world line. Some things that are quite different on one world line have very little effect as time passes and the world lines appear to �converge� again and look very similar. World line changes are not exponential, they act more like chaotic attractors with varying effect depending on their size and location. 13 December 2000 12:44 () 146 Some things that are quite different on one world line have very little effect as time passes and the world lines appear to �converge� again and look very similar. World line changes are not exponential, they act more like chaotic attractors with varying effect depending on their size and location. 13 December 2000 12:4 (right now) 147 In fact the main reason why I think you might be genuine is that I have trouble thinking LIKE you do. I would expect this of an encounter with a "Chrono-alien".) You are correct in your thinking. This world line is not mine but it looks very similar. It may be compared to reading two books that are the same. 13 December 2000 12:44 (about time travel) 148 In consideration of Everret-Wheeler, the reason we don�t know if Schrodinger�s cat is dead is because it might have had a time machine. 13 December 2000 12:44 (about the future) 149 (Russia has "ALWAYS" been considered the first Country, to be suspect of a probable Nuclear Attack against the USA, and I, for one have NEVER relinquished the thought that inevitably, this will happen while I remain alive to witness this unfortunate tragedy come to fruition.) You are also correct but I want to add a twist to your thinking. Russia�s enemy in the United States is not you, the average person. Russia�s enemy is the United States government. 13 December 2000 12:44 (about time travel) 150 (The fact that better equipment is supposed to get the reverse-time traveler closer to their actual past indicates that there is an ACTUAL SPECIFIC past that he is aiming for. So if in practical application the traveler ends up 2% divergent upon arrival in the past and if he stays in that line he finds that it is not a line at all, but that going forward, divergence approaches infinity.) Yes, this is true. If I go forward on this world line, the future will not be my future. I get home by going back to 1975 before I arrived and then going forward to 2036. 13 December 2000 12:44 (predictions for the future) 151 (Also if this theory is correct we may be 2% divergent from TT_0 but going forward in this time line he is 98% divergent from us. My logic is pretty good here, how's my facts?) Your deductions are quite accurate. (I�m not stating yet that I did� but) what if I told you I did go forward to �your� 2036 and it looks nothing like mine. It is quite possible. 13 December 2000 12:4 (right now) 152 (BTW Someone just gave me a working IBM 5160. Should I save it or toss it?) Toss it. The 5100 is the interesting machine. 13 December 2000 12:44 (about the future) 153 (Does the events happening in the Middle east concerning the Arabs and Jews have anything to do with the coming war? I mean to say that since the Jewish population seems to have quite considerable power now in 2000, would they mount a force against other countries or am I under the belief that the war will result from the U.S government election?(among other things).) Real disruptions in world events begin with the destabilization of the West as a result of degrading US foreign policy and consistency. This becomes apparent around 2004 as civil unrest develops near the next presidential election. The Jewish population in Israel is not prepared for a true offensive war. They are prepared for the ultimate defense. Wavering western support for Israel is what gives Israel�s neighbors the confidence to attack. The last resort for a defensive Israel and it�s offensive Arab neighbors is to use weapons of mass destruction. In the grand scheme of things, the war in the middle-east is a part of what�s to come, not the cause. 13 December 2000 12:44 (predictions for the future) 154 This becomes apparent around 2004 as civil unrest develops near the next presidential election. 13 December 2000 12:44 (predictions for the future) 155 The Jewish population in Israel is not prepared for a true offensive war. They are prepared for the ultimate defense. 13 December 2000 12:44 (predictions for the future) 156 Wavering western support for Israel is what gives Israel�s neighbors the confidence to attack. The last resort for a defensive Israel and it�s offensive Arab neighbors is to use weapons of mass destruction. In the grand scheme of things, the war in the middle-east is a part of what�s to come, not the cause. 13 December 2000 12:44 (about time travel) 157 (What can you tell us about "Space Time Transposing" ?) Perhaps you could describe what you mean? It appears to be space travel or the effect of similar atomic particles that seem to be related over great distances. Again, please forgive my ignorance, I am not a trained physist.

join