It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Fires 9 Shots for a Bumper Tap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Senario:
A Highway Patrol Officer is in parking lot at a retirement complex, searching for a perp who just stole two bacon, egg and cheese sandwiches at a nearby gas station.

Suddenly, a van pulls out of a stall and bumps the officers bumper, more like a little tap, and drives off.
The officer opens fire with what sounds like six shots, then engages a high speed chase through a residential area, until shooting out a tire with one of the nine shots total he fired.

What is wrong with this picture? Who in their right mind would empty a clip on some citizen who bumped your bumper?
This is just wrong and a week off is not sufficient if you ask me.

Source:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
wow that cop is a idiot dude just tapped his bumper so 2 seconds later he starts shooting...... no wonder the guy ran id run like hell to if some cop accidently started shooting at me b4 i had a chance to park my car good to see they seem to have dropped the charges against the poor motorist but 9 shots in an apartment complex parking lot come on i hope this cop looses his badge and who ever trained him needs to be replaced

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
A while ago, I got backed into in a parking lot.
I got out raising hell until I saw it was a little old lady, looking scared.
My anger was shameful and I apoligised for my demeaner and told her I would take care of it myself and left without involving her or her insurance.
Then I remembered my mother had backed into a milk truck a few months prior.
I thought how she would have felt had someone come up excited with raised voice.

But nine shots? I would say he violated many state laws and county ordinances.
I feel this should be a criminal matter. Deadly force over a bump and a couple of sandwiches.
I can't believe this guy wears a badge.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Certainly should be a criminal matter.

It was criminal behaviour, so should be treated as such.

Wearing a uniform and carrying a police officers badge does not exempt the guy from being subject to the rule of law, like anyone else.

These guys are not the law, they are paid to enforce it.

If i were the one fired at, there would be absolutely no way on this Earth that i would let it go, until the 'police officer' had been prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

If the DA was chummy with his boss...i'd go through civil courts. He wouldn't get away with it with me.

The more this kind of thing is let slide, the more it will happen.

These sorts of crimes against the public, need to be jumped on, and jumped on HARD.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Another one abusing the law and his duties? It just isnt going to end... What if a person just slipped walking by his patrol car and land on the car and then what? Was he going to put a bullet in his head? better yet tas him? beat him?... Whats next a group of officers going around shooting people? Not saying all cops are bad but talking about those corrupted assholes..

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
This just insane. If people start shooting for little taps, imagine what will happen when they have a full on accident.

Stupid cops.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MilzGatez
Another one abusing the law and his duties? It just isnt going to end... What if a person just slipped walking by his patrol car and land on the car and then what? Was he going to put a bullet in his head? better yet tas him? beat him?... Whats next a group of officers going around shooting people? Not saying all cops are bad but talking about those corrupted assholes..

Groups of cops shooting people, already happebed at a place called Waco, Texas

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Seems like this police officer has been drinking way to much coffee!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

If i were the one fired at, there would be absolutely no way on this Earth that i would let it go, until the 'police officer' had been prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

If the DA was chummy with his boss...i'd go through civil courts. He wouldn't get away with it with me.

I totally agree with you but the sad thing is, at the end of the day it's the Tax Payer (you&me) that foots the bill for these criminals...
The police departments (tax dollars) pays all their legal fees.
Then YOU, sue the state...Win and its the Tax payer again...

I say make EVERY cop pay his/her legal bill and any compo when they loose..
Why should the Tax Payer pay?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Until recently I had been a huge supporter of the police, I do not know if I was being niave or if the nature of the policing in this country has changed for the worse, the way it is going scares me.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by threadkiller

Until recently I had been a huge supporter of the police, I do not know if I was being niave or if the nature of the policing in this country has changed for the worse, the way it is going scares me.

I dont mean to sound harsh but, you just now caught onto this fact?
Check deaths from tasers, (a weapon that was only supposed to be used as an ALTERNATIVE to lethal force)
they have tasered pregnant women,granparents and 11 yr old kids..Many have died...

Before Tasers would they have SHOT these people???
Because thats the only reason people accepted tasers, to stop senseless killing..

Cops have changed the rules!!!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
You do not sound harsh, I am just realizing things are changing for the worse, that is why this forum is so important. But what are we supposed to do, hide, conform, what?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Reply to post by threadkiller

There really isn't anything you can do.

The best would be to stay defensive. Don't confront them until they attack you. The trouble is that self defense against a cop is nearly impossible. Cops could be raping your dog, slamming your head into the ground, and kicking your infant child and if you act in a defensive manner harming or killing any of them they all band together in the blue gang mentality and you remain a cop killer.

It's lose lose with cops.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Reply to post by threadkiller

There really isn't anything you can do.

The best would be to stay defensive. Don't confront them until they attack you. The trouble is that self defense against a cop is nearly impossible. Cops could be raping your dog, slamming your head into the ground, and kicking your infant child and if you act in a defensive manner harming or killing any of them they all band together in the blue gang mentality and you remain a cop killer.

It's lose lose with cops.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by threadkiller

If you live in a country that would allow it, revolt...

It's just getting sickening and I say that almost every year so much so that I don't even know what I mean anymore....

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cmajor

Not a bad idea.

If they win and are proven innocent of wrongdoing or criminal acts, fair enough - the tax payers foot the bill.

If they lose, and are found guilty, then it's only right that they are made to pay themselves.

Anyone else would have to.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

..and kicking your infant child and if you act in a defensive manner harming or killing any of them they all band together in the blue gang mentality

If that ever happened, they'd never find the body.

And that's coming from a pacifist...until some sicko messed with my family, then they'd be in for a very quick surprise.

new topics

top topics

join