It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tax breaks do not lead to job creation, ask Carl Paladino.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
There is a commercial running here in New York. The newest Tea Party candidate for the governor of New York received a 1.7 million dollar tax break to create jobs. Tax records indicate he then created one additional position.

This is absolutely contrary to what we hear all the time from the "leave the rich alone" crowd: "But, if we just tax them less, they will create more jobs and bring prosperity!".

Well, scoreboard. Proof: 1, Ridiculous Ideologies: 0. Any rich company owner is putting profit before anything else...if they could legally pay us $1 an hour, they would, and pocket the rest. Human greed is nearly absolute, and I dont trust anyone who tells me how generous they could be, only if X would happen.....

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Thats not really all that bad.

I read not to long ago how one city or company (cant remember which) used 100 million dollars in stimulus money and only created 50 some odd jobs.

If he had recieved that amount of money they could have created 100 jobs.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

Actually, at 1.7mill a pop, ole Carl woulda only been able make 58.8 jobs, but still 8 better. Well, maybe he is a helluva business man, he saves $300,000 on every job created haha

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I was using 1 mil to 100 mil. but you got what I was going for.

I know we use big money numbers to little job created numbers, but we have to look at how much it takes to create those jobs, how much the person is being made and at what posistions.

If they was used to create Mcdonalds jobs, then yes, I can see that they misused that money. If it was to create good paying jobs and training was involved then I can be a little bit more lenient.

The ratio you have given can seem bad, but it takes money to create the jobs and to pay the people and the company might not see any money gains from those posistions for a few years. So depending on the job, training if needed, pay and money gains from posistions, 50 jobs over a few years might reach that number.

edit to add.

I used the number 50 from my example, but the same goes for the 1 job in yours.

edit on 28-9-2010 by Becoming because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

How does a tax break help create jobs? Especially in NY, where there gov't taxes businesses to death. If you never worked in NY it makes it kinda hard to judge the how you could stretch 1.7 million for someone's salary. And hey depending on how long the tax break is for, the future may mean more money being spent in the long run.

new topics

top topics

join