It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FREE HOUSING FOR ALL!!!! I thought i had seen it all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Check out his sad if not disturbing slideshow with audio from the BBC....

Basicly its a shanty town built on top of a cemetry in Manila in the Phils...... Kids playing around the bones and corpses. Home built on top of 5 story crypts. Its is sad to watch but also kind of enlightning as to see people just getting on with their life in whatever way they can..... A must see

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Cool post, just watched the slide show. I bet they can shoot some good pool. But seriously, this one of the negative sides of capitalism. We need a complete change from capitalism (not necessary communism) but something else that doesn't cause so much poverty world wide.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I think your post heading is very mileading. It might be a shanty town but why use free housing for all that was not what I got from the article.

Its a shame people have to live like this and its a good article. What to do though to help these people is the big thing should they be left in squaler and only those who really want it can do it or do you build a new suburb for them to live in.

The first option is harsh but I think it is the best as supplying educaton and oppertunities for those who work hard to get out leaving those that won't change to be left behind.

The second option creates its own problems, say you give them all a free house, free education will they ever change or will they want to live off those benifiets for the rest of there lives.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ignorance_Defier
Cool post, just watched the slide show. I bet they can shoot some good pool. But seriously, this one of the negative sides of capitalism. We need a complete change from capitalism (not necessary communism) but something else that doesn't cause so much poverty world wide.

True, we either play on the bones, or join them.

I love this story....

What we need is for people not to be forced into labor in order to actually survive. If they desire to make their own way, then adequate and nothing more. I'd be happy with that.

But this consumer society every single person blindly accepts, forces poverty on even those who CAN make do.

No you cant live in a shanty on land not owned by anyone, we'll make sure of that. no you cannot live off the land, we'll make sure of that. No you are an illegal citizen if you don't want anything to do with this urban peonism we force onto you.

I dont know... all I know is I would choose self sustenance and have to fend for myself, than be at the whim of the world as it is.

freedom? yeah right....

edit on 28/9/2010 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The title thread is very inappropriate and unfair. Free housing?
No OP. It's more like: living life with what they have.

I see more good in this video/situation than bad. Plus, many were smiling.

When I drive down A1A here in south Florida (a very exclusive area), I see looks of forlorn or unhappiness. People by and large are way too spoiled. We have far more than we need and are not even grateful for it on a daily basis. Sure, we have moments when we are thankful but I think that raw emotion escapes most of us daily.

Being a minimalist (whether design or deliberate) helps unclutter the mind and provides an opportunity for people to tap into their spirituality. I'd just assume hang and learn from people like this than those living in their barricaded mansion!

new topics

top topics

join