It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger delays prisoner's execution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Schwarzenegger delays prisoner's execution

www.news.com.au

CALIFORNIAN governor Arnold Schwarzenegger delayed by one day the scheduled execution of Albert Greenwood Brown - who was convicted in 1982 of raping and strangling a 15-year-old girl - in what would have been the state’s first execution in five years.

Schwarzenegger announced his decision after a Marin County judge refused Brown's request to block his execution scheduled for Wednesday (local time).

The Governor's temporary reprieve issued late Monday (local time) was ordered to allow sufficient time for Brown's appeal to be reviewed by a federal judge, the Los Angeles Times reported
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9/28/2010 by semperfortis because: Copy the exact headline

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I dont know too much about this, however it seems to be an interesting read.

It could be an excuse to delay the execution or could be a genuine issue with a team not well trained to carry out a human execution. Any ideas? or opinions?

www.news.com.au...

www.news.com.au

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball

Schwarzenegger delays prisoner

www.news.com.au

CALIFORNIAN governor Arnold Schwarzenegger delayed by one day the scheduled execution of Albert Greenwood Brown - who was convicted in 1982 of raping and strangling a 15-year-old girl - in what would have been the state’s first execution in five years.

Schwarzenegger announced his decision after a Marin County judge refused Brown's request to block his execution scheduled for Wednesday (local time).

The Governor's temporary reprieve issued late Monday (local time) was ordered to allow sufficient time for Brown's appeal to be reviewed by a federal judge, the Los Angeles Times reported

I never understood the whole eye for an eye thing.
i thought we were past this barbarism.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Good for Arnold.

Maybe he doesn't want to be the terminator anymore.

Personally, I don't believe in the death penalty. I don't believe in jail either.

I wish we had a place to just ship criminals. They don't want to abide by society's rules... that doesn't mean we have the right to keep them in a cage or kill them... it means they should leave our society.

Isn't that what Australia was originally used for?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
As a Californian, I am ashamed we still use that kind of punishment in my state.

Good on Arnold!!!!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
It costs far more to give someone the death penalty than to sustain them for a lifetime in prison. So it's only real use is as a deterrent which doesn't work.

new topics

top topics

join