It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interrogation Tapes of US Army Killing Unarmed Cilivans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
www.shortnews.com...
afghanistan.blogs.cnn.com...

Interrogation tapes of five U.S. soldiers involved in killing three unarmed civilians has been leaked.

One tape shows Cpl. Jeremy Morlock explaining to a military investigator how him and his Sergeant found one Afgan man near his home and placed him near a wall to be killed.

Morlock´s attorney, Micheal Waddington states his client was brain damaged from prior IED attacks, was using prescription drugs, as well as hashish during the time of the event. Another defense used by his attorney is fear of reprimand by his officer.

edit on 28-9-2010 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Any thoughts anyone?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
My thoughts? I think, that is my opinion, is that this is a consequence, side effect if you will, of the militaries main tool for convincing everyday people on their way to becoming soldiers that is ok to kill people... racism.

I've seen it first hand, be it the guy I used to work with who had recently came back from Iraq or Afganistan, not sure which... We delivered products to stores, once the person who was receiving the stuff from us was arab, he went off on him. Using words I can't repeat, and slurs such as "haji".... Obviously he got fired with the quickness, I saw him do it once, and another guy told me about it happening once, a day after I heard about the second instance, he didn't show up for work. LOL

Or the guy who I currently work with, he is 100% american, his mom is white, but his dad is from Saudi Arabia. his best friend joined the military, when he came back, the guy I work with called him up to hang out, the guy called him a bunch of names, including the same one, "haji" told him to go **** himself, and hung up.... I mean wtf?

Also, I think this probably happens a whole hell of a lot more than this one time. It's quite sad... and pathetic.

edit on 28-9-2010 by OpenMindCuriousMind because: (no reason given)

new topics

join