It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New front on the RFID battle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

An Ice Dot could save a football player's life

Some college football players are carrying a few grams of extra gear this season, and it could save their lives -- yours, too. The In Case of Emergency Dot (or ICEDOT) is a small red disc that snaps onto a person’s shirt. The incredibly low-tech plastic chip grants access to an incredibly high-tech world of info, through a unique eight-digit number that medics can activate and receive a patient’s complete, current health information in seconds.

Source: www.foxnews.com...

So great idea for saving kid's lives, right? My first thoughts on it were a little grim though. We all know how even the general public has balked at the idea of the RFID chip...Won't be long now before those morons in congress will be debating the legislation to require all citizen-slaves to carry their ICEDOT on their persons at all times. And hey, medical info is nice, but we can use it for soooo much more!

This little external RFID just moved the ball to our 10 yard line, we better make sure our D is ready to stop em.

Discuss.

edit on 27-9-2010 by blamethegreys because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2010 by blamethegreys because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Nice post. You are covering the moral considerations we are facing in this day and age. On one hand, we have an advanced tech that really can help to save lives. But unfortunately it is a foregone conclusion that the nefarious fascist/corporatist lapdogs that make up the US government will use this as a window to advance their web of control. They will use this as a chance to "tag" all of their cattle, to keep better control and track us.

Because true liberty and freedom in my eyes is at the pinnacle of importance to our future as a species, I for one will absolutely refuse this new technology. I understand that it is a wonderful step forward in life saving technology but sometimes we must take a step back to move forward.

Until we rid ourselves of the criminal masterminds that have taken control of the US government, we must not allow them to advance their cause in any way. We must practice civil disobedience!

edit on 27-9-2010 by Redwookieaz because: Edit 4 S&G

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
It seems to me that every fall the local news carries at least a story or two about a high school football player who dies because of some underlying medical condition... minor heart or conductive defects, asthma, epilepsy, etc. And, of course, this is a tragic and very preventable thing.

But to want to use RFID chips to resolve it seems irrational, and not even from a conspiratorial point of view.

Wouldn't it simply be more effective to simply raise the standards of pre-season physicals? Or, better yet, simply require the coach to keep a listing of all of the players known health issues handy?

If a student were to have an extensive medical history then I could see it being used in these extreme cases... but otherwise it seems like overkill. A feelgood measure that would actually have little effect upon the underlying causes of the problem.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses all, I'm bumping this cause I ended up posting it in the early early morning, and I think maybe it got lost before more people could read it. I think it's a decent enough topic for more folks to see.

new topics

top topics

join