It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't have the freedom to choose your government!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I'm having this tingly feeling that most people, at least the people who live in the Democratic world thinks they have the right to choose their government.

That is BS.

If I want to make an agreement between me and someone else, that if that person steals my property, the punishment should be the cutting of the arm, and if I steal his property, the punishment should also be the cutting of the arm.

In the above paragraph, the government's job is to enforce those agreements. If I steal his property, and I'm convicted of stealing his property, the government's job is to find the agreements we both signed, and deal with it.

Who is the government in the above paragraph?

Me and him, both choose the government, to govern our affairs. The government which is trusted the most, will be the most picked, hence if the US government is the most trusted, I will choose the US government.

That is called choice.

In the US, you don't have the right to choose, the majority does.

There is a big difference between the majority/minority freedom, than the individual freedom.

I'm voting for individual freedom.

I want to control my own affairs, that way when my head is cut off, I know it is not because of a government I didn't choose, I know it is because of me.

What would you vote for? The majority/minority freedom, or individual freedom to choose?

oz

edit on 27-9-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
You are quite correct. We have lived for far to long with the notion that our freedoms are at the heart of those who "govern" us.

Contractual agreements are for the sovereign, which most of us are not. The only thing that this society has in common with us, is that they hold the contract that WE signed.

Peace, NRE.

S&F.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Well, duh. All countries have such a thing as a constitution. One the government is established, you can't change it except through revolution.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
That sad part is even the majority doesn't even have the choice....there is an "electoral college" which doesn't even have to vote for their areas majority vote....to me this means our votes mean nothing...things are done how the highly elite want it.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmiOra
That sad part is even the majority doesn't even have the choice....there is an "electoral college" which doesn't even have to vote for their areas majority vote....to me this means our votes mean nothing...things are done how the highly elite want it.

I concur. The real power in this country that holds no political alliances has already decided who will be president on some country club golf course in Southern California, 18 months ago.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yes indeed my friend, you surmise correctly. Now, what to do about it?

Times they are a changing, if you want to change it for the better, declare your own independence.

Check out the Plan at the bottom of my posts. Let me know what you think.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Individual Freedom. That's what our nation is supposed to be. Not democracy. We're a Representative Constitutional Republic. But these days people seem to believe we're a democracy.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Individual Freedom. That's what our nation is supposed to be. Not democracy. We're a Representative Constitutional Republic. But these days people seem to believe we're a democracy.

Exactly. Democracy has to be bounded by constitution and other laws, otherwise anything goes, as long as you convince enough people that it is right, even criminal acts. There is no guarantee that majority of people is always right, quite the opposite, when we look into the past or even today, majority often holds views we would never agree with, and often holds contrary views in different cultures.

edit on 28-9-2010 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join