It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you seen the cloaked figure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well this was a few years ago, but i only just found this forum, and I'm curious to see if other people have these experiences. I personally didn't experience this, it was my mum, but it sure did wake me up.

Well I was asleep in bed, the time was about 11.30PM. Everyone in the house was asleep.
Suddenly I'm awakened by something, I don't know what, I just awoke. Seeing the time I went to the kitchen to get a drink, and I noticed she too was awake.

As i walked past her room, she said to me ' did you see it too?' I replied ' see what?' then she went oh, that's weird.

Apparently she had a dream of a man in an electric chair, just sitting there and looking like he was in alot of pain. But he wasn't making any noise. She was so scared that she woke up, and there was a black hooded head, seemingly hovering at the end of her bed. She tried to go back to sleep, but when she looked up again, it was still there.

Now heres the weird part

My Dad works at a company called North Power here in New Zealand.
And the day after my mum had this dream, one of my dads mates was working on a power line, when he was working on a transformer on one of the lines and got electricuted. He survived but he was very burnt on his hands and feet by it.

When Dad got home to tell mum what happened, she couldn't believe it, and she thought he was joking.

Could this have been someone we know trying to warn us of this?
Has anyone else had an experience with this hooded Figure?

Cheers
Brady

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I myself don't have an exact experience to match your own. I do, however, have 3 seperate experiences that, when linked, have what might be the same applications:

• The first is my Grandfather. He and his brother both served in WWII. The night before his brother died my Grandfather had a "dream" that his brother was sitting silently at the foot of his bed. No noise was made, and very few hand-gestures were given, but by the end of the "dream" my Grandfather knew his brother was dead. The next day he learned that his brother had been killed on the field of battle.

• The second experience is much more recent. My Uncle just died in August. It was an unexpected heart attack that claimed his healthy body. Before he died, he had confessed to his girlfriend that he had been having "dreams about mom" (meaning dreams about Grandmother). In these "dreams" she was nursing him, calming him, just by holding him. Maybe as a way of letting him know that everything would be OK. He died in the middle of the night without warning.

These first two experiences are called "portents" typically, signifying a disaster about to happen which we, for whatever reason, are privy to. The man in the electrified chair sitting in the hallway that your mom saw reminds me a lot of portent cases like the two I just listed. I have more cases of portents, but those two are of family so I consider them more relevant right now.

• The third experience is about my friend's father. An evening apparition visited him one night. This apparition, my friend told me, had a hooded featureless head—almost as if it were wearing a helmet—and it stood at the foot of his bed just staring at my friend's father before vanishing into thin air. The next day my friend's dad was riding his motorcycle on the highway and saw the same apparition pass him in a car. This time it pointed ahead of him, and allowed him to see a truck carrying some furniture lose control and spin out. Had the apparition not motioned, my friend's father says he would have slammed into, and been killed by, the truck.

The apparition in this instance was not as much a specter of death as I imagine your mom saw. However, I still find it similar and thought it might be worth posting about.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
When I read the title of the thread I thought it was about something else.

In regards to your title, I have seen cloaked figures before, but cloaked as in "invisible cloaks". Kinda scary.

In regards to your mothers experiences, I and many others have had some similar phenomenons happen.
Once my fiance's step father was taking a shower in the basement of a house apartment. There were no windows. When he got out the shower, there was a crow in the bathroom. No idea where it came from. He ended up chasing it out of the basement apartment. An hour or so later, he learned his brother died in a sudden accident.
He is part native, and was told by his elders that a crow is a symbol of a portent. Portents can take on many symbols based on your knowledge and beliefs. They are more common that we acknowledge.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GetRadNZ

It could mean anything, but a hooded figure usually represents death.

Nobody knows exactly why people's dreams seem to somehow connect to the lives others, but it happens quite a lot.

Maybe he almost died, and that hooded figure was death just telling her how close he got to it. That's usually how people see death, as a black hooded figure. Been happening for years and years.

Most likely he almost died.

edit on 24-9-2010 by Thibotham because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Thanks for your replies.

Yeah i think it does symbolise death, somehow, I think that it's not a bad thing, even though it is portrayed as being the grim reaper, the bringer of death.

Personally I think it is our ' last chance' or warning to avoid the danger that will or probably will cause death.
But i found it so interesting that in the dreams there is no talking, no sound, nothing.
And in Wandering Scribes experiences, the figure never makes a sound, and stands at the end of the bed, which is kinda weird, it's like it wants to be noticed.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I've heard of both a vocal, auditory portent, and the quiet ones. In your experience it was a silent portent, so I relayed more silent portent cases. As to why it stands at the foot of the bed, I'm not sure. It could be the most applicable location because of hypnogogia and the like. Or maybe it's something to do with our feet—feet have deep spiritual connotations after all—I have never really uncovered a specific link between portents and the foot of the bed though.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Sounds like a guide of some sort, we all have access to informative sources that live in the otherworld

new topics

top topics

join