It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

abduction possibility?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
let me get this part out of the way first: i feel really, really silly posting this. i've been thinking about it for a long time and i haven't really talked about it to anyone. but i feel like i can feel somewhat comfortable talking about it here, being anonymous and surrounded by other anons that have the same-ish views.

so here we go;

i have a couple of memories as a child, about five or six year old, that make me wonder about abduction. i've always, ALWAYS believed in aliens and UFOs; i can't get a handle on religion, but of this i've always been sure: they exist. i have a memory of being very young and peeking out the sliding-glass door at night and seeing a flashing, colorful UFO. it was just right there in the sky, and for some reason in my mind i always see it as a brilliant display of colors and flashes, though i know that this would attract a lot of attention.

i also have an even clearer memory of waking up in the middle of the night while my cousin slept over. i looked towards the window and then... nothing. hours must've passed, because my next memory is of being in my bed, but spinning in circles - the room just went round and round, and when it finally stopped, the sun was coming up in the window. the memory runs seamlessly from sitting to spinning to the sun rising, but i know there had to have been time missing. and my cousin recalls that night, seeing me spinning, but i don't think she likes to talk about it.

i also have a couple of habits at nighttime that i can't sleep without. i tuck myself in bed so that no limbs are out and my ears and mouth are covered up. i've been scared ever since i can remember that something will enter my ears or nose or mouth while i was sleeping, but especially my ears. i read once that this was a sign in abducted children. continuing on that note, i had a secret fear every night that if i didn't cover myself in lots of clothes or blankets in bed, "something up there" would find me and get me.

i don't have any funny scars or memories of abductions or aliens or anything. i've had lots and lots of dreams about flying around space in a ship, and of seeing different kinds of UFOs in unfamiliar dreamscapes. they tend to make a very specific sound as they hover in my dreams, and i haven't heard anything else that sounds like it.

but i'm sure those were dreams. my question is, what do you think? is it possible that i could've had an experience as a child? i feel kind of embarrassed, but i'm kind of at a loss.

thanks for any help, and don't be TOO mean.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I wouldn't feel embarrassed at all, you are putting the story down in words in the best possible place. Unfortunately I am not the most experienced member in this sort of thing. I'm more of a jack of all trades master of none.

All I can say is something has got you pretty damn spooked. The fact that you still carry out safety behaviours as an adult is a bit worrying. But I understand that challenging such things may result in a sleepless night and anything that gives you peace of mind is worth doing. No matter how strange it may seem to others.

I do have some experience with compulsions though. The trick is to allow the obsessive thoughts to occur and not fight them, but gradually reduce the compulsions.

Anyway gave you a flag so someone should come along with some better advice!

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

thanks
and yeah, i could just have had a bunch of interesting dreams as a kid or something. i don't really know. i'm just open to whatever it may be.

and yeah, the sleep habits are troubling. it gets bad in the summertime, when it's usually too hot for blankets.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by modified

Before you fall sleep, make a mental note of how you want to face the problem. For example : "I would like to understand more about it and I will welcome any harmless experience". Try it for a couple of weeks.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by modified
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

thanks
and yeah, i could just have had a bunch of interesting dreams as a kid or something. i don't really know. i'm just open to whatever it may be.

and yeah, the sleep habits are troubling. it gets bad in the summertime, when it's usually too hot for blankets.

I know EXACTLY how you feel!! I too have always felt a need to be completely "cocooned" and always lay
on my stomach the better to protect my organs!!
I relayed in another abduction thread some of my childhood experiences (?)
These habits still REALLY bother you?? Or you're more curious than disturbed now??

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
my ex-roommate had load's of these kind's of stories. Not that I am saying your isn't real I just know for sure his were purly vivid dreams. He always has feared aliens for reason's that are beyond me.

I have heard stories about him seeing grey's in his hallway and other crazy being's.

However he has also had to come ask me in the morning if thing's happened the night before or if it was a dream, for instance one morning he said he got up and looked out the window for some reason and I was just leaving the house on foot ( which is weird because I never walk anywhere, I either longboard or drive if the weather doesn't permit ) and I was wearing a big black fur coat. Which again I surely don't own.
Vivid dreams can be confusing

You ever wake up really mad at someone for something that happened in a dream, those seem to happen to me a lot. It's a odd feeling, you know they did nothing to you but your dream still is in your memory and they ruined that lol

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I have definitely had that feeling where I don't like to fall asleep with any part of my body uncovered by blankets (especially my hands). This has been since I had my own uncomfortable encounter with some kind of entity that I describe in more detail in this other thread.

But I want to ask you more about that sound that you describe:

"they tend to make a very specific sound as they hover in my dreams, and i haven't heard anything else that sounds like it."

I've heard a similar noise, and I also find it difficult to identify. But if I were pressed to give a description, I would say that it is like a cross between the hum of a fluorescent lightbulb and a large truck motor idling outside, kind of a deep buzzing. But I can never figure out where it is coming from, it just freaks me out.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
interesting,as for i had a simuler story , and the funny thing is is that , i forgot all about it until i read your story i have had two "alien" experiences in my life ,weather or not they were real ,i have no idea , but they felt real ..i would like to lean more towards that it was just my brain playing tricks on me but i dono , ok so i was around 6 or 7 i and at that age i always fared aliens and i think i can thank the tv show sightings or x-files for that ,but one night i remember waking up and my house being very dark ,lights that were on most of the time were off this time ,i could see a little light from under my door coming from the bathroom night light ,my my step brother who was much younger was asleep above me , when i woke up i had this overwhelming fear ,that somthing was watching me .I and of course letting my mind wonder i kept thinking about aliens ,i do recall thinking of ways to calm my self down thinking it was just me freaking my self out ,but somthing weaird with my eyes was going on ,my room was very dark and my eyes could not adjust to the darkness ,i had been sleeping for a long time i am sure but my eyes would not adjust , so as i was staring at my bedroom door waiting for somthing to come through i got this overwhelming feeling to get up and get out of my room ,so i did ,and as i got up i seen what i can only explain as a shadow but it looked like it was in the shape of a clasic grey , as i jumnped out of bed i walked right throught the shadow of the greay ,and ran into my sisters room ,i told her that i was afraid and told her about the whole story ,but as we layed their talking , the sun started coming up ,funny thing is is that when i woke up i rembier it being 2:37 and some how i lostime ,

anyway thats my story ,i do not know if i was abducted or not ,but the whole expedience was very scary
and one to never forget ,

many thanks

Nephi

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyDawn

well, i'm not so much DISTURBED... but yes, i'm really curious. the only thing that bothers me is i'd really like to be able to sleep like a normal person lol :p

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GummB
my ex-roommate had load's of these kind's of stories. Not that I am saying your isn't real I just know for sure his were purly vivid dreams. He always has feared aliens for reason's that are beyond me.

i understand.
and i mean, i've had some very vivid dreams, so it could easily be that. i just thought, why not, it's worth a shot to put my experiences out there and see what people say.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kristobal

But I want to ask you more about that sound that you describe:

"they tend to make a very specific sound as they hover in my dreams, and i haven't heard anything else that sounds like it."

I've heard a similar noise, and I also find it difficult to identify. But if I were pressed to give a description, I would say that it is like a cross between the hum of a fluorescent lightbulb and a large truck motor idling outside, kind of a deep buzzing. But I can never figure out where it is coming from, it just freaks me out.

yes, i agree with you!! that is definitely a good description, though it's hard, because nothing DOES sound quite like a UFO i guess. i always hear about them being silent, but in my dreams they always make the same noise. i'm convinced if i ever experienced a close enough sighting, i already know what they would sound like.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Its funny, I ALWAYS sleep with my feet covered, I'm afraid something's gonna grab my foot....

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Dayum......NOONE else has similar eccentricities or stories?? !

top topics

join