It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exactly 2 years ago, on September 23, 2008, I started sensing the HUM...Still NO ANSWERS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I really thought by now I would know what causes this hum...Thank God it isn't as bad as it was on 2/17/2010.
I guess not enough people can sense this hum and not enough are inquiring about it, and that is why no explanation is given for this problem which seems to bother only a few people. Not knowing the cause and how it is affecting us feels frustrating at times...

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I have been experiencing something of late, but I am not sure if it is the "hum" that many people experience. In my case, it actually sounds like a helicopter right over head but with out the "clapping" part of the chop. Some have suggested that it is the Air Conditioner, yet this happens when the A/C is off as well.

This has been loud enough to hurt and I have to put ear plugs in to make it tolerable. This makes the throbbing hum fade to something rather acceptable, but even then it doesn't fully go away. Others in my house do not hear it.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
just curious.. not judgment towards you here

how did it start two year's ago? not much info was presented above
Was it first thing in the morning or after some kind of incident, or just out of no where like when your ears ring for no reason

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Could you please further explain this, seems pretty interesting. I have never even heard that people were experiencing something like this. I sometimes get these weird low pitch ringing noises in my left ear, but it only lasts for a few seconds. What I'm experiencing probably isn't anything special, but I'd like to know more about what your talking about.

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ammilam

If you are looking for info on "the hum" simply try searching it on Google
I have heard several stories but have no personal experience on it, I did see a show or documentary not that long ago where it was discussed. They claimed most everyone in the area could hear it and eventually resulted in at least one known suicide

scary stuff

I really hope the op finds the cause or cure

what this video... it's that show i was talking about
very interisting
Why did congress investigate the hum

edit on 23-9-2010 by GummB because: add link

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Before you start asking all the obvious questions....read the prior thread.

Why is the hum getting louder/ stronger? date:2/17/2010

posted on Sep, 23 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Nice to see you are still around Julie Washington...Thanks for helping by telling others the obvious about searching previous postings. I really don't want to think about all the possibilities of what is the cause of the hum. I'm tired of doing that. I just wanted to mark the occasion. I wonder how many more are suffering in "silence" for fear of ridicule.
It is ridiculous that this goes on and on, but there are so many even more disturbing things going on in the world.

To anyone suffering, to sleep better at night get an oscillating fan to block out the hum. Don't focus on it, distract yourself with positive and enjoyable things. Pray. Remember God.

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Just a "Bump" as we share this nuisance and if it gets more attention then
maybe there may come an answer or half decent explanation.
Odd that your in the US & i'm in the UK and we both hear the same noise.

Do you get the feeling that TPTB know what it is but refuse to turn it off?
Maybe some military tech with this side effect?

top topics

join