It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town Hall Questioner To Obama: "I'm Exhausted Of Defending You"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Well finally someone has stuck it to the man. I'm glad it's come out and I wish I could have a second with the President to let him know how I'm feeling as well.

Real Clear Politics

"I'm one of your middle class Americans. And quite frankly, I'm exhausted. Exhausted of defending you, defending your administration, defending the mantle of change that I voted for," a woman told President Obama at a town hall.

I am someone who stands right beside this woman. Going into election day 2008, I was still unsure of who I was going to vote for. Obama's speeches were so charismatic and moving that I really felt like this was the one man who can actually bring change. But being the truth seeker that I am, I knew deep down nothing would change, yet I still had some hope. I thought maybe, just maybe, this man wasn't just the same ol same ol. Boy was I wrong. This man has taken what Bush has done and made it look like scraps. These years are my college years, supposedly some of the best years of my life. Well I haven't had it. I didn't even have my teens thanks to Bush.

How I wish I had just a few seconds with this man, or any politician past and present, on live television. I know I would strike a chord with a strong segment of the American populace and hopefully a revolution (please no guts and blood) would begin. We need more people like this woman. We need to stand up and actually give it to these people because we're all just sitting back, saying and doing nothing. I'm guilty as well but seeing as these guys seem to think they're untouchable and well, really they are, how could I or anyone ever gonna get the chance to say or do anything. By doing or saying nothing, these people think that they can just continue pushing us down the path to poverty, slavery, war and eventually death. Remember, there are close to 7 billion people in this world, and these politicians, bankers, corporatist only make up less than a percent of the total population. No, I don't have statistics to back that claim up but I'm sure it's close to the real deal.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
People are disillusioned if they feel that the POTUS can simply flip a switch and turn the economy around.

This quagmire of a recession has been a long time in the making.

The economy is controlled by the availability of money. Our money is created by debt.

Debt is what businesses need to grow and hire people. The Banks aren't lending.

The President does not Rule the country per se but our Legislative Branch , the House and Senate does.

A former President interviewed on 60 minutes called the US Congress " A bunch of Juvenile Delinquents".

Everything Obama touches is rejected by the GOP. Obama cannot change the way the system of the old boys club operates.

The President has term limits thanks to Senator Prescott Bush, but the Congressmen do not.

So until we see the bought and paid for system of corrupt congressmen who are owned by Corporate America begin to have term limits. Things will not change anytime soon.

Regardless of who is President. For He is only one person there for the short term, against a bunch of Juvenile Delinquents who are there for the long haul.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
It's the rope-a-dope,
like Ali used in Africa,
they are playing all deflated
so the Repubs can't whip up a
firestorm against them in the midterms.

David Grouchy

new topics

join