It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now taxman wants to take your money before you can even bank it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Thanks, I misunderstood, that would suck. I know that all lot of families don't pay income taxes because of either low income on a whole lot of dependents, they still have to pay social security.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ukWolf
So the taxman wants your gross salary paid to them from your employers, they will then calculate and deduct the tax and forward on to you the balance, no this is no April Fool thing they seriously are considering this and UK paye taxpayers have until Thursday 23rd September to send them their thoughts on it.

Every PAYE earner could effectively be working for the state!

I'm guessing one or two might have something to say about this proposal especially in light of their recent blunders in regards under and overpayments of PAYE tax.

My thoughts, UNBELIVEABLE!!!!

The 2nd link is for a download of the taxmans proposal, laughably entitled - "Improving the operation of Pay As You Earn (PAYE)"

Discussion document on improving the operation of Pay As You Earn (PAYE)
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 18-9-2010 by ukWolf because: incorrect link location

edit on 18-9-2010 by ukWolf because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/9/10 by JAK because: URL correction

that is how theyn have always taxed me.

I work, they steal, I get whats left!

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
This idea probaly came from banks. It would force all people to use direct deposit. Its one more freedom that they take from you. Its amazing how the make it look like one thing but it is actually for a completly different purpose. These banks just keep taking and taking. I feel like a little ant put on this earth to follow rules that the goverment say is for my best interest. I am sure it would save the goverment money but i don't care. just leave us alone

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I think this is a GREAT idea! I don’t see anything wrong with it at all!

I trust my government completely, don’t you?

I trust them with all my medical records.

I trust them body scanning me, that they will delete the pictures.

I trust them to tap my phone calls and monitor my cell-phone GPS ONLY when they have permission to.

I trust them with the money I give them for social security, to invest it wisely and give it back to me when I’m old and need it.

I trust them in oh so many ways. They should run everything, including all the businesses (like GM).

I trust them to take my paycheck and give it out to whom they think needs it most. That is just simple social justice and FAIR.

(I thought it might be refreshing to see what it felt like to be a lib for one day. It turns out it’s kinda weird. It’s like giving up all common sense and becoming a child again under the loving guidance of an abusive parent. Long live the Tea Party before we end up like the UK!)

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Hopefully this will never see the light of day.

I can imagine how this could escalate in the future..... We might as well just take your Council Tax, Council Rent, TV License, Car Tax etc while we have your salary here, just to save you the time.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cazzy2211

they will probably have the balls to outsource the admin and charge a fee similar to bt of around 10% of the line rental to those who cannot afford or will not on principle sign up to direct debit payments! i just love the uk. every other phone call or knock on the door or letter we recieve is somebody attempting to shaft us financially.
Hang on a minute, could this be the prelude to enforcing the mandatory government pension scheme due to be rolled out soon where they shaft us even further by taking a percentage of our wages and giving it to administrators who nearly all worked in the pension industry and lost billions? i think so!
Shame on you.
regards fakedirt

top topics

<< 1   >>

join