It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Workers at Los Alamos Charged with Transmitting Classified Nuclear Weapons Data to Injure the

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Former Workers at Los Alamos Charged with Transmitting Classified Nuclear Weapons Data to Injure the United States

www.justice.gov

WASHINGTON – The Justice Department today announced that a scientist and his wife, who both previously worked as contractors at the Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) in New Mexico, have been indicted on charges of communicating classified nuclear weapons data to a person they believed to be a Venezuelan government official and conspiring to participate in the development of an atomic weapon for Venezuela, among other violations.
The 22-count indictment, which was returned yesterday by a federal grand jury in the District of New Mexico, was announced by David Kris, Assistant Attorney Gen
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I was watching the news today, following along with what all was going on. I caught this piece and decided to do a bit of research. This is very disturbing, that here you have a person in a position of trust and authority, still having access to sensative information, going into a place, securing information and then starting to transmit it to another country. What makes this even worse, is that it was going to be sent to Venezeula. Now normally, one would not worry about such, but if you consider that Venezeula is an ally of Iran and North Korea, then the implications can be far more damming and dangerous than normal. It is something that we should all watch and view, for it leads to the question, how secure are these kinds of sites and how trust worthy are the people who work there?
Too many times here in recent history there have been breaches of information and of classified secrets that could end up doing a lot of damage if they are built. As both North Korea and Iran, will want this kind of information, would Venezeula be willing to share and or use it to create a new cold war and nuclear arms race, threatening the stability and safety of the entire world?

www.justice.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

I do agree that this is not to be tolerated. But just as a point of difference, I have not yet reconciled myself to the idea that Venezuela is an agent of the infamous 'axis of evil.' Regardless, the offer of trust to a government employee means they must know they are expected to keep the security of that trust without question.

Our government - with the help of the corporate media - has expended a significant amount of energy in vilifying Venezuela. It has never been clear about why that is to me. Especially considering the allies we have chosen to support in South America... our record for selecting 'enemies' is fairly poor in that regard.

And of course....

According to the indictment, Mascheroni had a series of conversations in March 2008 with an undercover FBI agent posing as a Venezuelan government official.

does not exactly fill me with patriotic confidence. These rather eager political law enforcement folks blur the line between entrapment and enforcement too much for my taste,

edit on 17-9-2010 by Maxmars because: human error

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I just heard about what all the plans were: This exscientist was planning to help the government design and develope nuclear weapons, by having a new double reactor, one onthe surface for energy, and the other used to make and create plutonium. And that under his plan, venezeula would beable to have a nuclear weapon in 10 years. Kind of makes you wonder what exactly he was going to give to another country.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

That does seem damning. I wonder if this 88-year old physicist could have actually pulled it off?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I call BS on the whole story. TPTB are simply demonizing Venezuela for the umpteenth time, and I'm not buying it. Our media is nothing but a propaganda mechanism, spreading fear among the population using fiction and alphabet-agency self-inflicted events to try and scare us. It still works on a certain percentage of people, but that percentage is dropping.

The sad thing is, if this were a legitimate story, half the population won't believe it because our government has cried wolf too many times, and have been called out on it.

I fully expect that soon a large city of ours will be sacrificed to a nuclear explosion, and for the blame to be put on Iran or Venezuela. But we all know that the real culprit will be same ones who perpetrated 9/11, and I don't mean Al-CIAda.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
You ever stop to think that this could just be the government "setting the scene", laying down a cover story for selling US technology to the "boogy man"? This poor couple could simply be the fall guy/gal. After all, if Al Qaeda gets a Nuke with American technology written all over it, there would need to be a cover story on how they got that nuke.

I'm sorry but I don't trust a single word uttered out of the government's mouth. In fact, I'm inclined to believe that almost everything they spoon feed to us is a big fat lie for one end or the other. Lets face it, if there is one thing the government is good at doing, it's lying and sadly, their interests are not in line with our own.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Lets say for arguments sake, that this is a false flag, the question would be, to what end would the results be? It is evident that the government under Hugo Chavez, does not like the US, and has gone to great lengths to make allies with Iran and other nations who do not like the US. What could the US possibly get out of it, unless it is to justify a new build up in Columbia to counter what would be precieved as the agressive nature of Venezeula. This may be possible, however, the other side of the argument and question must be, what if it is not? What if this scientist did indeed intend to sell and give such information to Venezeula, the question must be asked why? And to what ends?
What is known is that Venezeula is an ally of Iran, with flights that goes from the capatial city there directly to Tehran and that they are assisting each other economically with trade. It is the latter aspect the trade part that worries me, as the question is often what all are they trading and giving each other, along with how much information is flowing between both countries when it comes to technology. Too many questions are coming up and something tells me that the answers will slowly come out, that will neither be pleasant or something that anyone wants to hear.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Lets say for arguments sake, that this is a false flag, the question would be, to what end would the results be? It is evident that the government under Hugo Chavez, does not like the US, and has gone to great lengths to make allies with Iran and other nations who do not like the US. What could the US possibly get out of it, unless it is to justify a new build up in Columbia to counter what would be precieved as the agressive nature of Venezeula. This may be possible, however, the other side of the argument and question must be, what if it is not? What if this scientist did indeed intend to sell and give such information to Venezeula, the question must be asked why? And to what ends?
What is known is that Venezeula is an ally of Iran, with flights that goes from the capatial city there directly to Tehran and that they are assisting each other economically with trade. It is the latter aspect the trade part that worries me, as the question is often what all are they trading and giving each other, along with how much information is flowing between both countries when it comes to technology. Too many questions are coming up and something tells me that the answers will slowly come out, that will neither be pleasant or something that anyone wants to hear.

1) It's not that Chavez dislikes the US. He dislikes the US government. I can't really blame him, seeing as they have interfered with Venezuelan elections, built up a huge military presence in their next door neighbor Columbia, and plotted to have him assassinated. It's the US government who dislikes Chavez. because he chooses not to lick the globalist boot in the way that they are accustomed to. But not enough to not buy Venezuela's oil.

2) So what if they are allies with Iran? Iran hasn't bothered anyone recently. It's the Anglo-American axis that repeatedly interferes with Iran. How many US administrations has Iran overthrown? Right now the score in that game is 2-0 USA.

3) The intended end result of stories like these are to instill fear and hate in the public towards the next victims on the Pax Americana agenda. It's about empire and resources to support the empire. Nothing more, nothing less.

4) Love how you worked in "the aggressive nature of Venezuela" That was a nice touch, and oh so based in reality.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Isn't treason a capital offense?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by erumisato

That may be true, but Venezula has been vocally agressive towards it neighbors. And it seems that Venezula, Iran and North Korea all tend to work together towards a common goal, seeking to make waves and divide the worlds attention. If you look at the past year, one of the three countries will make waves, then the other, while the third remains quiet. Then the third will make a noise and one of the other 2 will sound off. It goes around and around.
Now Columbia did invite the US into that country and we accepted, but that has to be between Columbia and the United States. And when tensions rise, it could draw others in, and that would not be good on either side.
As it stands, there are way too many nuclear weapons in the world. The last thing that the world needs is more nuclear weapons. Nuclear power as an alternative energy, that is something that is a good thing, but it needs to be done safely, not used as a cover story. And right now the news is breaking, so it is something that will have to be watched, to see what exactly was going to be sold and why.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masinger
Isn't treason a capital offense?

Treason is more about overthrowing the government of a nation, usually by killing it's "rightful" leaders somehow. But that is a generalization and it could be debated ....

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Actually you gave only one definition of treason.

1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign. 2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state. 3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.
online dictionary

As for those who like to think Venezuela is a nice country here's a thought, when you have governmental control over the media in a country what do you really think the regime is up to.
Stealing and trying to sell information you do not own is criminal in and of itself. Now add on that this is classified info and what do we have???

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join