It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conscious Consumers Choice & Change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
We choose what we consume...
We can consume conscioulsy...
To do so consciously brings change...
So change is our choice!

these videos have been posted previously individually, yet they are here together for the purpose of complete education in The Story of Stuff Project, which is a practical introduction to the movement of conscious consumers choosing change!
~we are the ones weve been waiting for~

The Story of Stuff

The Story of Cap & Trade

The Story of Bottled Water

The Story of Cosmetics

∞LOVE∞

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by awake1234

Sorry can't watch vids my sound is not working, which makes me ask how the HELL does a hearing impaired member get by? I tell you have no regard.

I would prefer to purchase all my essentials on a moral or ethical basis.
But
We can't afford to shop in any store that has a philosophy.- Marge Simpson

I hear a lot of retailers claim they are operating on an ethical basis, but the prices tend to be alarming at times.I am aware ethical business practices are expensive, which contributes to cost.
Here is what I think an "ethical" business model should be.
Not for profit.
Enough income to pay the owner and employees a respectable wage and cover overheads.
If it really about ethics, and not exploiting a target market there should really be no resistance to this model by those that wish to establish an ethical business model.

Take The body shop as an example which claims to be ethical, in 2005 they made profits of $67 million dollars.And have since been aquired by a company for 652 million pounds.

new topics

join