It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should We Be Thanking the Government for the Bailouts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Should We Be Thanking the Government for the Bailouts?

www.theatlanticwire.com

Was the unpopular, much-maligned Troubled Asset Relief Program—better known as the bailout—a secret success? A Politico story by Ben Smith suggests it was, though few political leaders are willing to say so. TARP, he writes, has become a handy tool for attacking the Obama administration and "elites and insiders of all kinds." But it was actually constructed under Bush, and according to experts he talks to, "succeeded far beyond expectations." Its demonization has more to do with politicians'
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

The globalist banks decided to loot the U.S. economy by design, with TARP, which is basically stolen money in disguise, handed to the vociferously hungry moneychangers on a silver platter.

Guess who got rich? The globalist banksters.

Guess who got poor? The American people.

www.correntewire.com...

existentialistcowboy.blogspot.com...

www.theatlanticwire.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Lloyd should be. The rest of us, not so much.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

"...all experience hath shewn that Mankind are more disposed to Suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to Right themselves by Abolishing the forms to which they're accustomed..."

No doubt- in this regard TARP, TALF, et al are a huge success. Although, I wouldn't limit it to the Demublikans solely. Great evidence abounds that plenty of Republikrats are feeling the heat.

Long ago I welcomed the suffering, and asked for it to be heaped upon my neighbors if for no other reason than to give them a fighting chance to shake like a wet dog, and rid themselves of the leaches.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I say, "No."

Recently I rode to Lexington, KY, and while there, asked my daughter to drive past the site that, as I found out, formerly had a faded sign noting that this was our tax dollars at work. This particular lot sat empty, with a bit of dug up dirt and a bulldozer sitting on it for months and months. What did I find? Wow! Cool! Tax dollars at work! A new Rite-Aid drug store was there, open for business! Yay!

I add, too, in the small city near where I live, my bank I did business with for many years was taken over by PNC. PNC bought this bank, that was not in danger of failing, using TARP money. And as more houses than ever are being repossesed by the banks and finance companies, and still people are not being hired, there's 3 new banks that just opened in town. I really don't know anyone who has more money to put into new banks.

And all I can think is, WTF??

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I'd say no, more like they should be grateful that they aren't all already hanging from trees for this.

If they had taken the same amount of money and distributed it to the American people, that would have stimulated the economy.

What they did was further destroy it by taking a huge sum of money, and give it to the people who were already the wealthiest in this country, furthering the gap and increasing inflation and the national debt that much more. It was treasonous and incomprehensibly flawed in its "logic."

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I cannot agree with the premise of thanking ANYONE for bailing the banks out. The way I see it, the only way you could legitimise paying the banks for being crap at thier jobs, is to get the top 500 marketeers and blow thier godamned brains all over the financial district, THEN pay them out. Treason is a captial offence right?
In any case, bailing the banks out has not had the desired effect, and bankers are raking in stupid bonuses again... you understand that NOTHING has changed, a collapse could still happen any moment because along with that bailout, no PROPER loss prevention has occured.
A law must be passed which makes it impossible for one banks failiure to have any effect on markets, and similarly, markets must be prevented for effecting proper banks that the man on the street deals with. It must also prevent either markets or banks from effecting a nation as a whole. What I am saying is, the money games need to either stop, or be totaly isolated from the real world, and having any effect on it.

top topics

join