It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist Groups Oppose Plan for Egypt to police Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Ten leading Palestinian militant groups have condemned plans for Egypt to help police Gaza after an Israeli pullout.

Signatories to the statement, including Hamas, Islamic Jihad and Fatah, say they also oppose any possible role for Jordan in securing the West Bank.

No matter what is proposed, it seems that the Palestinians are set on never being responsible for their own destiny.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I guess they are still upset about losing their land to Jewish people. Typical Arabs holding their grudges.

At least Arafat and the security guy realize they will never win against Israel and its allies...

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Unless its the genocide of all the Jews those Palestinian terrorists will never be happy. Which probably wont stop them from preaching hate and complaining about some other race any way. I just wish these idiots could put their pride to one side and allow a compromise, I'm sure they don't like seeing their own people suffer.

As for Arabs and grudges, a lot of Brits still don't like the Germans for what they did 60 years ago so you cant really blame em, unfortunately its human nature.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
The reason is clear, the Egyption's would not stand for the terriosts actions of the groups the local gov lets do what they want. They would be forced to respect human life and treaties-something they clearly don't want to do.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Excellent point MrMonsoon. The Egyptian's are known for their ability to keep a population in line.

Maybe another, albeit longer term, reason could be once Gaza gets back to normal, they (Hamas, et. al) will become secondary to the more mundane issue of living (i.e. education, material goods, career, etc.).

top topics

join