It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Datelinezero news website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
In the last week or two, I've noticed quite a few extremely surprising and very questionable-sounding, hard to believe stories on ATS. I have also noticed one thing that they all had in common: they cite www.datelinezero.com... as their source.

How reliable is this website? It looks like it's just one guy running it, Daniel La Ponsie. Looking at the site, the stories all look like National Enquirer half-alien elvis baby stuff, and I'm wondering whether datelinezero is any more reliable than them or WorldNetDaily.com or other similar sites?

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
its as reliable as the faith others are willing to put into it.

vague

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I'm putting my money on all topics from this site being bogus. The site is set up like many other generic blogs and the stories cite no facts, nor any sources. I call bs.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
But at the same time, places like CNN NBC BBC ABC FOX etc, can post stories that are later revealed to be full of political manipulations and lies, and people still consider them reliable sources.

A great example is how in the lead up to the Iraq War, they helped promote the lies about Saddam having weapons of mass destruction, and they all helped make fun of and attempt to silence anyone who disagreed.

But yet they are still considered legit and reliable.

So I call bogus on all news outlets, they all have an agenda.

Half of the stuff they post even today is completely bogus.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The site is a blog written by fiction author Dan LaPonsie. You can find his 2 books here As for the stories they seem to be a mixture of things, some without any sources and some with.

It reminds me of the "Fortean Times" (Uk paranormal magazine) if anything

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The page for the FB "networked blogs" reads:
"A heady blend of paranormal and strange news serves as an entertaining chaser after the very occasional dose of bitter conspiracy. The priority of the content is to be entertaining."

I like DZ. Even the most outrageous posts have links to sourced articles in the MSM, and other sites.

But does sourcing to MSM articles = reliable? Hellz no, the MSM isn't reliable. Everything should be taken with a grain of salt; perhaps especially the MSM.

edit on 14-9-2010 by mother1138 because: forgot to include link

top topics

join