It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Detention Bill You Ought to Read More Carefully!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The Article

>>>> Enemy Belligerent, Interrogation, Detention, and Prosecution Act of 2010

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Seriously, what if the POTUS thinks that all these conspiracy sites bad-mouthing him is reason enough?
I love how these bills start out with good intentions and then add in things like, "or anything the president deems suitable."

Looks like I'm going to detention...

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Yeah, haul the folks who wish to uphold and defend the constitution to a detainment camp. If the ADL and the SPLC have anything to do with the definition of "those dangerous" were in for trouble.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
But doesn't current (post 9/11) legislation already allow the government to lock up anyone they want, for as long as they want?
As I understand it the government has no obligation to hold a trial for a terrorist, and can hold them, with no contact with anyone, for as long as they want.
Or did Obama change that?

It's no better in Australia, btw, and the population here is so unaccustomed to having rights taken away most can't (as in don't) believe what's happened.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It's no surprise that big-government loving politicians like McCain, lieberman, Reid, Pelosi, Obamma, Snowe, Lott, etc. would just love a bill like this.

The only answer to this type of legislation is to elect small government Constitutionalists that can work to move the overreaching Federal government backwards towards its original framing.

Stuff like this bill drives me crazy, but I better not say too much or I might get locked up in a secret prison without my family knowing where I am...

top topics

join