It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, I'll Post My "Orb" Shots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I keep seeing many threads about "Orbs" and other things I always thought were easy to explain, but since ATS comes up with all kinds of ideas, and sometimes creative conclusions to how paranormal things could come about, I figured I would post my "Orb" photos from a single outing at Castle with some urban legends.

I hope those who look at them can enjoy them. Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Heres other pictures from the same place.

Once again, enjoy.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Honestly,

I see only lens flares.

Only an opinion.

-v

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yeah, me too.
Lensflares and regular good ol' dust.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I like your photos but the orbs are lens flares - sorry to bust your bubble. It looks like an interesting place to visit tho!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Doesn't look like anything paranormal, just the camera making them.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
As much as I appreciate your comments, and most 99% agree, in image 1, look all the way to the right in the tree, theres an odd glow, and above the last light fixture on the right. Those were the only 2 things I thought to be interesting.

Thanks again.,

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'm a Paranormal Investigator and I don't have a lot of faith in orbs.

Nine times out of ten it's lens flare as others said or something such as dust, moisture, bugs.....

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I agree, these are lens artefacts.

Still, it is always worth presenting these. I don't discount orbs, I just haven't seen any real evidence yet.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I love that time of night when it starts to get dark and you see the beautiful sky turn dark.. I'm not sure what I like more sunsets or sunrises.. I guess sunsets are my fav's.. Anyway back to the pic, i'm not sure what that light is except it does look like a flare from the camera lens.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Lovely photographs thanks for sharing ... as others have said orbs are one of the most difficult things to determine as paranormal because there are so many alternative explanations.

In the case of your pictures I'm inclined to think that most of the orbs captured are probably due to moisture in the air at dusk.

Don't let that put you off sharing other pictures you might take ... sometimes we capture things when we least expect it.

Now, I believe you mentioned that there are urban legends attached to this castle ... maybe you could share those with us ... might make for an interesting addition to the thread.

Woody

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

here's a pic i have of orbs, but in my opinion they a just dust as others have said. but still cool looking dust!

edit: also check out my evil looking dog!

edit on 11-9-2010 by drifta84 because: add more info

ok just havin a good look at this photo, can anyone tell me what is the bright light on my friends right hand?? he does not wear any jewellery, and it looks very much like a light source. mabye this photo is stranger than i thought.

edit on 11-9-2010 by drifta84 because: nore info

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by drifta84

Perfect example of dust orbs ... imagine that little red cart has been zipped around a few times ... raised some dust particles that may or may not be visible to the naked eye as the picture is taken ... and the lens picks them up ... the bright spot on your friends hand is lens flare where the camera flash bounced back off a speck of dust.

Woody

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
yep that sounds right to, we were zipping them little cars around for a while, so it must be dust.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

S&F because I am getting more and more interested in "orbs." I have my own thoughts about what they are and why they are here. I already explained those thoughts in a thread about black orbs, which I have not seen photographed by the way. These shots you have look very good to me. Orbs are fascinating.
I found this link that explains more about orbs that might be caused by dust. Apparently this is quite a lot of them. Was your camera a digital or a 35mm? This makes a difference too. www.ghoststudy.com...

edit on 12-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: New information/link

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I'm glad you found them interesting.

I don't have much faith in orbs buut I didnt want to deny ATS in case someone found them interesting.

Enjoy

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I see dust, thats all

One thing to look for when determining true orbs from dust, humidity etc, is, does the orb have its own light source? When you actually get one of these, you will notice there is a huge difference between those and dust or humidity particulates reflecting the flash of a camera

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

well, not to say they are anything else, but it was a very cool day outside in my pictures.

I find most of it to be nothing. As I mentioned in a post, there are just 2 things that are odd. The blueish glow in the tree to the right. and the face orb above the light to the left. All visible in the first image. I would suggest saving and viewing in your own image program, and zooming in.

I'm not saying these are anything. I brought them here because ATS members may find some interesting.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Oz. Hello. I had no idea so many particles of dust could be caught on film this way. Please, if you can post a photo or link to an example of an orb that is not believed to be dust so I can see the difference. Thanks in advance.

new topics

top topics

join