It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orb Captured on Film in Haunted Hotel Room

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Paul Kimball has posted an intriguing video on his regular blog...The Other Side of Truth:The Algonquin Hotel "orb" footage

Paul and Holly Stevens were investigating a reputedly haunted English hotel room for their TV show...Ghost Cases. The camera picks up a bright ball of light appearing from nowhere and quickly travelling across the room.

During the filming of Ghost Cases, Holly and I conducted an investigation of the Algonquin Hotel in St. Andrews, New Brunswick, which is supposedly haunted by the spirit of a bride who was stood up at the altar about a century ago, and committed suicide as a result.
The Other Side of Truth

I honestly find this video very interesting. Paul's clear that it isn't a hoax and I tend to trust him...he's a well-known skeptic. Furthermore, he assures me the footage is real. That doesn't mean I agree with everything he says or writes (I don't), but neither he or the Ghost Cases shows have a reputation for hoaxing or lying.

So what is it? Is it coincidence that this orb appears in a reputedly haunted room? Until this footage, I thought orbs were from flash photography. Also until this footage, I suspected that people claiming to see orbs were lying or read too many New Age paranormal books. It's got me thinking a little...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hmm. It certainly is interesting, and like the guy in the video, i have watched it about 10 times.

Hazarding a rational explanation, i would say that it is a (fast) flying insect illuminated by reflection as it is circling the room.

But im not 100% convinced by my own explanation!

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

It's hard to explain isn't it?! A puzzler.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Yes. It is not your average 'orb' video.

The anomaly, when it very first comes into view, seems to be following a curving 'flightpath' (for wont of a better term) which would suggest that it was a fly or something doing a circuit of the room.

But the speed of the thing is the sticking point in that explanation.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Hey Kandinsky that is very real in my opinion,i have seen the same in my own house.It happens a lot at night.
It happened most after a friend of the family passed away.I sometimes wonder if its spirits not accepting their passing.I often hear mediums say go to the light.
Would this be spirits of people just not wanting to leave this plain?

I honestly find this video very interesting. Paul's clear that it isn't a hoax and I tend to trust him...he's a well-known skeptic. Furthermore, he assures me the footage is real. That doesn't mean I agree with everything he says or writes (I don't), but neither he or the Ghost Cases shows have a reputation for hoaxing or lying.

I agree if i was to say if it was real or not? Id say its real mate.
Nice find.

[s and f]

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I also viewed it 10 times.
It appears- drops down an inch and moves to the left.

However at 0:56 the same sized object appears briefly and goes left out of the screen- in the same exit area as the obvious one.

Also at 1:15 the same size object (in the far right) appears and moves up and out of the screen, exiting at the top right corner.

All three are similar- all three appear in the field of view- - all in three different directions.

Why he didn't mention these other two is a big question to me..

I say reflections.

new topics

top topics

join