It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Wanna Fight? ATS Debate Tournament (Tournament Update)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Have all the spots been taken? Is there a set topic? Judges? How is winner decided? Sounds fun. Never debated formally before. If there is still a spot left I would love to give it a shot.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Have all the spots been taken? Is there a set topic? Judges? How is winner decided? Sounds fun. Never debated formally before. If there is still a spot left I would love to give it a shot.

I think they may be considering two tournaments due to the demand shown thus far.

The topics are decided prior to te debates and are unveiled as the debates are posted. The Fighters do not have any idea what they are debating until go time.

Judges are selected by the moderators and are anonymous. Winner is decided throughout majority opinion of the judges.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Updated List..

chissler
MemoryShock
whatukno
-Snip-

I will endeavor to keep this as updated as possible...

I hate to be that guy but unless the seeding arrangement has changed, I should be seeded higher than chissler...

May as well enjoy some kind of earned perk until I get booted in the first round by a Jean Paul or Proto (the rest of you I'm not worried about...maybe...
)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I want in.

I just don't get how the topics are selected and who debates for what???

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Randomly.

A pool of topics is developed for the tournament. They're assigned randomly as the tournament proceeds.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

Provisonally interested, although I have a kinda weird work schedule, so would like to ask some questions:

1) Is it to take place as a standard thread format? If so what sort of time is there to formulate a response to the previous poster.

2) Would the topic(s) be randomly prescribed and a member be assigned a fixed position on that topic?

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I think they may be considering two tournaments due to the demand shown thus far.

If you guys are thinking about having 2 then what about a tourny for us newbies just starting out in the debate forum and a tourny for the "professionals"?

edit on 10-9-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Standard thread format and you have twenty four hours to submit your rebuttal once your opponent posts. Each debate you are provided a twenty four hour extension as well.

You can find plenty of examples of how these debates look and operate in the Debate Forum.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

It seems like a likely scenario.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

May as well enjoy some kind of earned perk until I get booted in the first round by a Jean Paul or Proto (the rest of you I'm not worried about...maybe...
)

ha ha
booted out in first round

you must be talking about me

but maybe i get the chance to debate you one day my friend

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This sounds interesting.
If i'm totally honest, which of course i am, it sounds a little daunting too!

Like many other posters here, i have zero time in the debate forum, but i'm curious as to how i'll perform in a one on one, dedicated debate.

I'd like to be considered please. I have the time, and i'm normally on ATS for a few hours a day anyway.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
)

Oh rerry Raggy?

I can't, no time this time around.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Ahhh

Good old debate smack talk.

How I've missed it.

Muzzle for SDog pls.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm a little late to the game, but would love to get a spot if there is any space available still.

I have always loved a good debate...and have even been known to change my very opinionated mind from time to time!!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
We'll be covering this tournament on ATS Live as it progresses. Should be fun. Maybe the competitors will get to talk smack to each other

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
We'll be covering this tournament on ATS Live as it progresses. Should be fun. Maybe the competitors will get to talk smack to each other

I would just like to say that there are no real winners or loosers, since I will of course be bribing all the Moderators and Judges!

Speaking of which, you wouldn't happen to be one of the judges would you neformore?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I was one of the first people to express my interests, however my name doesn't appear to be on the list. Is there a reason for this?

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
That sounds like real fun! I think I improved my English enough during the last years to give it a try.
Count me in!

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Good day to you Sir/Madam.
First time for me, count me in. I will try with the best of my ability.

Regards, Naeem

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I would like to participate. I have to warn you, though; I'm going to win.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join