It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for Y'all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
What are the chances of You being singled out by the police for telling them not to hide from traffic on Your property? Is there a chance that You will be followed or pick up ticky tacky traffic tickets because of it?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Who knows....depends on the person. It is a job after all, how many times does someone life get in the way of their job? They could've taken it personal, maybe harass you about it later. If they were a good cop, I doubt they would take it personally. Again, who knows?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BigDaveJr

No Its your land just be polite when you tell them you don't want them on your land, Respect will get you the same.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr
What are the chances of You being singled out by the police for telling them not to hide from traffic on Your property? Is there a chance that You will be followed or pick up ticky tacky traffic tickets because of it?

Need a little more info than that. Not much to go on.
Was the cop actually sitting on someone's property (their yard or their driveway)?
Did the home owner give the cop a nasty attitude and spew a bunch of profanity and insults?
Did the home owner call the local dept and complain? And if so, did they do it in a mature manner?
What does the city or county laws say about this?

Can not really give an answer until some more details are given. It also would help to hear the cop's side since there are always 2 sides to a story.
But im sure that will be impossible.

edit on September 8th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Just be polite, tell them to go ahead and use your yard, its fine with you.

Then, in plain view of the cop, make up a HUGE sign saying:

Warning!!!
Speed Trap Ahead!!

Something tells me you won't have much trouble with the cops hanging out in your yard anymore.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I would think a 'maybe' would answer the question pretty well. It might depend on the officer you told, or if he told other officers in the district it could depend on them as well. Honestly, though, I don't know how your cops are out there. Around here in PA there are quite a few nice cops and a few jerk cops. It also depends on how big the department is so that you could get an idea of how many officers are available for him to tell. I don't know if they would spread the word around the station just because you told him not to hide on your property, but if he's got a big enough ego, he might. Even if he doesn't spread the word, he may target you on his own. I wouldn't worry about it too much, after all, he might even completely understand where you are coming from in telling him not to be there and just found another place to hide. Who knows?

new topics

top topics

join