It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory Of Intelligent Design

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
If your interested in the subject and you haven't read it previously here is something I came across in my travels around the web.

This is long but quite absorbing in its way I must confess some of it is beyond me but with a second pass much became clear. One of the thoughts I have had for some time is the “feed back loop” that is intelligent design has feed back to the designer.

Let me clip the conclusion that way you can decide if its your cuppa.

Conclusion

The phenomena of intelligent cause/causation is produced by a progression of emergent levels of four requirement self-learning intelligences that at the molecular level are powered by nonrandom subatomic forces in atoms. At the first (known) level of intelligence there is "molecular intelligence" where at the most rudimentary we find self-replicating RNA type molecules followed in complexity by the most important to us that uses a genome based memory system that over many lifetimes has learned how to produce many kinds of cells. At the most complex level of intelligence is the human brain where the same four requirement self-learning intelligence exists at a level above cellular intelligence that produces it. Therefore human intelligence is produced by cellular intelligence which is produced by molecular intelligence which is produced by nonrandom subatomic behavior that produces atoms. Our intelligence is from intelligence, which is from another that came from matter.

The origin of life is found to be possible through nonrandom molecular self-assembly of cellular organelles that the most rudimentary self-learning molecular intelligence can in time learn to control, which is here all that is needed to in turn "intelligently" produce the present self-learned biodiversity of cellular organisms.

All living things are an intelligent design.

Anyhow if you do plough through this I would like to read your feedback – no pun intended.

Theory of intelligent design website

By Gary S. Gaulin

Note:
The "Theory Of Intelligent Design" by Gary S. Gaulin may be copied as needed for educational use.

References included in the article

MJ2

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I think the "intelligent design" theory is seriously flawed...at best, it's not "intelligent"

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

I think the "intelligent design" theory is seriously flawed...at best, it's not "intelligent"

I totally disagree, i think the intelligent design theory is plausible.

Bad things start happening when humans start thinking they can create and even better human being. DNA experiments, cloning etc, are not the way to go.

If something ain't broke, don't fix it.

VVV

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Genetic disorders have been occurring since Man first appeared on the scene. These are not modern phenomena that started when we started experimenting with genetic engineering, which is still years away from being tested on humans. Things like asthma, mental retardation, color blindness, and haemophilia are all genetic disorders that have existed for hundreds, or thousands of years. So, how can these be explained as the result of genetic manipulation?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

True, they are all GENETIC DISORDERS.

If you can spare the time read this
articleen.wikipedia.org...

I am not sure how to post a link. I do apologize.

It might also answer your questions.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

The only response I can see that works as a counter to what I said is that they were originally brought about by sin, but all organisms suffer from deleterious mutations. So, is God punishing everything on Earth for Man's sins, if so he's not really benevolent. The only other options are either that the reproductive processes of every organism was poorly designed, since they can lead to these maladaptive mutations, or that nothing was ever supposed to reproduce in the first place, which is just really poor design.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Or that whatever designed us in the first place, had a plan all along.

We all might be carrying the gene that can go "corrupt" at any time. And not just us, but all living things.

I don't have the answer that you seek, but it is worthwhile discussing and
speculating about it. I would honestly also like answers.

And you do ask some good questions

VVV

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I took from this that cellular life was by design. A design that could multiply and mutate into more complex groups of cells. From there the chain reaction starts, we have both creation of the original cells that eventually evolve to what we are now.

Viruses are part and parcel of life they have evolved from the original design as we have. In this system we are no more important than the virus if this is simply a designed science experiment.

new topics

top topics

join