It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OObama targeted killings, lawsuit spotlights American civilians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

OObama targeted killings, lawsuit spotlights American civilians

www.examiner.com

"An extrajudicial killing policy under which names are added to CIA and military 'kill lists' through a secret executive process and stay there for months at a time is plainly not limited to imminent threats." - Center for Constitutional Rights

________________________________________________________________________________

Targets on Obama's high-tech kill-list in the "war on terror" hope that the American Civil Liberties Union and Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR) lawsuit challenging government's asserted authority for "targeted killings” of U.S. citizens far fro
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It id do good to see people standing up against the blatant crimes which are being commited by a Gov against its people.

It is truly wonderful to see this action being taken. May the powers in the Universe protect these people and those they are defending against this insanity.

The preent (de facto) government has simply granted itself a license to murder with no accountability, which is totally and completely unacceptable.

It is time the military did its duty and stepped in to protect the American people from these terrible crimes being committed against them.

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I have been wondering because of the huge increase in corruption since the clinton days, just how bad it is getting today...

It looks like it goes far far beyond what the average sheeple person would ever accept or comprehend..

America has been hijacked for quite some time now...But I truly believe there will be a terrible judgement day for the people that have helped and aided corruption and acts of treason against our country... I also think it is coming a lot sooner than people think.. Noone will be expecting it or even care.. until it happens that is...

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
IS this actually about targeting american citizens as a threat and having them elimianted? taken out? if so,t aht is communist as all hell!!!! thats what stalin would have done out of his own paranoia! actually he did*
soudns like the KGB. literally all over disguised as you and me, easdropping, listening, and if anything sounds like a political threat, remove you for interigation..and maybe you wil never be seen agian.
man if this is true...its proof our so called governement that is supposed to be built around emocracy...is or hass gone fascist or stalin communist. NOT GOOD if yuo value yuor freedoms

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Any sources that don't refer to themselves to prove their points? I'm inclined to not believe anything coming out of the Examiner, especially when the author uses her previous posts as references for her claims and I could sign up and start writing right now without any shred of evidence to support my claims.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Bush joked: "If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." He used dubious legal advice from Yoo and Gonzales to bend the laws and violate the constitution. The Obama-administration seems to be determined to give these violations a legal framework and to make them permanent.

The government has given itself the right to kill any American citizens if-
The government says: “this person is a global terrorist.”
The government does not need to present evidence.
The government can kill, even if the citizen poses no imminent threat.
The government does not need a trial.
The governments accusation is all which is needed for this death sentence.
The citizen cannot defend his innocence.
Attorneys are barred from defending the citizen.

Organisations like the American Civil Liberties Union and the Center for Constitutional Rights are still able to fight against such an authoritarian monstrosity. They still possess the courage to do so. Sadly, I believe, that if the USA continues to descend into fascism, their fights are numbered.

Here is the complaint filed by the ACLU.
www.aclu.org...

And here an ACLU video about this case:

Glenn Greenwald wrote two articles explaining the case.
www.salon.com...
www.salon.com...

top topics

join