It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go for Walks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
We're all searching for answers. Reading the works of authors that are on the same quest we are is a way to search for those answers. Other media gives us information. Talking to people gives us information.

What good does all this do us, though, if we don't process the information internally? That is, evaluate it?

I think it's easy to get overloaded with information. All this does is makes us feel overloaded!! What's the point?

I think we all need a technique that sets aside time to think. When I say "think" in this paragraph I mean listen to our inner voice.

I say an excellent way to do this is to go for walks. One advantage of this is that the exercise increases oxygen to the brain which helps us focus. Also, the fresh air is invigorating (hopefully - depending upon where you live) and, of course, there's glorious sunshine outside. Walking in the rain also has its benefits.

In the final analysis we all need our own philosophy. I think going for walks can help us find it.

[edit on 9/5/2010 by Mary Rose]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Walking is wonderful - and don't forget to take your camera - capture the beauty!

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
A very good suggestion Mary Rose.

And as you walk look deep into your surroundings whether it be in a city or countryside.

Look far beyond that first layer of buildings or trees. Allow your eyes to see as far as they can.

This is an excellent way to clear your mind of what I call stinking thinking.

Your mind will be able to sort out what has entered it and you will find yourself refreshed both mentally and physically.

Star and flag for the good advice.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Another great thing about walking, is that it is an year round activity, as I enjoy all four seasons in equal measure.

You can walk exactly the same route in every single season, and admire the beauty of the world through four different perspectives !

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
As long as it can wait till the sun goes down, I do my thinking better at night/ Not to mention where I live(Vegas), it gets pretty damned hot during the day, and I will probably end up laying in a gutter somewhere do to heat exhaustion.

No really though, Walks are good for mind/body/spirit.

As long as its walking, i can get down with that. I retired from running once I got out of the USMC. They ran me to death;almost.

I read two of your threads today, you are on a roll.
Thanks for the material.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Walking is the healthiest low impact exercise you can do. Dr. Andrew Weil is a huge advocate for getting people walking. Living in Arizona can make walking a difficult task during the Summer days but at night it is glorious. Sometimes bike riding or rollerblading are how I relax actually. Even if it's a n enduring trek it relaxes me in the end. Walking with a friend is one of my favorite ways to brainstorm..

top topics

join